I feel guilty about turning down a date?

This guy messaged me on saying, "Hey want to go out for coffee"? I messaged back saying, "I can't I'm sorry" Then he messaged me back saying "Whatever, keep it up". I really wanted to go but my parents won't let me because they were afraid I would get kidnapped. I messaged him through an online dating site. I said no because I didn't want to take the chance of being kidnapped. I didn't video message him first and now I feel very guilty because now he is very mad at me for turning him down twice. I am only 18 years old and this guy is 24. Did I say the right thing by saying no to him just because I want to feel safe?

Most Helpful Guy

• He shouldn't be surprised or upset, I mean you are 18 and live under your parents roof.

What Guys Said 2

• Well he did ask you to meet him at a public place? No? How do you expect a relationship to develop if you don't at least go out with him?

• If your parents have good reason to believe the guy might kidnap you stay away from him.

What Girls Said 1

• there's no reason for feeling bad about turning him down if you were uncomfortable going out with him. if he's going to be upset and immature just because you turned him down, i would say you made the right decision.