Girls, what do I do when I approach a girl and she says she has a bf? Does that end it right there?

I've approached tons of girls and i'll be talking to one for like 10 or 15 minutes just kind of asking about her and getting to know her and then not wanting to just stand there and talk forever i'll tell her I have to get going and it was nice meeting her and would like to get her number and call her later on. Then that's when they come up with oh actually I have a bf. wtf? I always just say ok well it was nice meeting you and leave it at that. Are they testing me or what? Can't I still say hey lets be friends. Being friend is still better than nothing at all imo. Maybe she will realize I'm really nice and have me meet one of her single friends or something.

Most Helpful Girl

• probably by the questions you ask, those girls assume that you're into becoming their potential love interest so they want you to cut all feelings off right there when they tell you that they have a boyfriend. Just say "oh um, that's nice to know, im just into connecting with you because i want to be friends."

What Girls Said 3

• Well no, they are probably not testing you, they either don't want to be romantically involved with you or they really have a boyfriend, and no it does not end right there if you just want to be friends. Simply tell them they misunderstood you and you just wanted to be friends :)

• You should kinda end it there. Its either they dont want you because they truly have boyfriends or its an excuse and they just aren't interested

• I had a guy ask me out, he even new I had a bf. But things were falling apart with my bf, so I still went out with him and four months later he broke my heart and its been just over a year and Im still in love with him.

What Guys Said 2

• I will never understand why would girls go to a bar or pub, hang around, let guys pick them up, and then maybe have a stoke of guilt and say "ohh.. actually I have a boyfriend.."

Why put yourself in a situation where you just end up wasting another person's time. Unless you are just loose, and just want to get some fun out of flirting with other men, while you have a stable guy as a bf, which is also beyond my comprehension...

Whores, sluts and cheaters all go to hell... cna't hate me for saying that. ... if you do, you're probably one of the 3...

• I would end it right there. It either means they are not interested or they do have a bf. There may be a very rare case where she is testing you but testing is the same thing as playing games so you don't want that anyway.