Fourteen and Frustrated with Love?

I've read the books, seen the movies, and made up a whole bunch of scenarios in my head. I want a relationship, and I know that I'm only 14. But I feel that I am mature enough to handle it. I'm going into high school and hopefully, I'll meet someone new. Question: How should I act? I'm not really your social butterfly. You could call me "emo."

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry, you will probably hate my answer, but it's the truth.

You're probably not ready for a relationship yet. I know you think you are, but... just trust me on this.
    There is nothing a guy at your age can offer you except for heartbreak.
    Also, I wouldn't use stereotypes. Don't try to fit into stereotypes. Just be yourself.

• Thanks for MH~!

What Guys Said 4

• Just indulge with that feeling and fantasize, but don't let it drive you to make decisions you'll regret.

• You shouldn't act like anything, just be yourself, I know that
    probably sounds cliché, but it's true. If you want someone who
    suits you, then "you" is who you should be :)

• You're fourteen. You shoulder be focusing on your education at the moment rather than hapless pursuits that won't last.

• when I was 14 some girl wanted sex with me. when I was 12 aswell. wtf. be yourself. you have a lot to discover, I was a crazy guy in thus years but it all leaded to some results that make me unique and you should not think that much about the outcome

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you will get a boyfriend, maybe not. Its not end of world if you dont. There are other things at your age you should be more concerned about.

Also the image that romantic movies and books creates is pretty fake, its not really like that. There is fightibg and disagreeing etc.

• I know that love seems so amazing at 14, but trust me it really isn't all that great. I started dating my ex when I was 14 and he dumped me a month ago because he didn't want to be with the same girl anymore, plus the fact that he could legally drink and party so no longer needed me to keep him entertained so I'm crushed because I thought that being with him for almost four years meant something when really it didn't, we were both too young to figure out what we wanted. Plus the books and movies aren't like a real relationship. Just be yourself and wait until you meet someone you like but don't force yourself to fall in love.