Why can't women on dating sites put on their profile that they only want to talk to good looking guys?

That way the average and below average looking guys won't bother messaging them.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• If you are good looking you can get a guy with your looks
    If your average looking you need a personality to attract girls

And when a hot girl gets 60 messages a day - she isn't interested in finding out what kind of personality each of these 60 guys have

this is why dating sites are extremely biased in favour of good looking people

Try going to www.meetup.com and meet girls after building a friendship with them slowly and over time. Maybe join a bird watching club, an environmental club, a pagan club, a christian club, a jewish club, a book club, a book writers club, a philanthropy club etc...

• Because not everyone finds the same thing attractive... Like how many women find Ryan Gosling attractive, there are some that don't.

• It's shallow. How do you know a girl doesn't find what you may think Is average good looking?

• It's shallow but it is the truth. If she only wants to talk to good looking guys and feels bothered by the average and below average guys messaging her, she should just be honest.

• Maybe you think you're a average but you're below

Or maybe they sensed that you're bitter and insecure

• I never said what I thought I looked like. Reread what I put.

• Most of the guys I met online were in the average range and got messages...

• Attraction is subjective. What you consider ugly I may find beautiful. My man isn't gorgeous maybe some would think he's ugly but to me he's good looking. Plus there are many factors to what makes a girl answer a guy online. Sure if he seems really ugly she won't answer but it's also about other factors like age education profession and personality traits.

• Lol yeah right, if the guy is below average looking or average looking,99% she wouldn't respond no matter how good his profile is. I don't know about women in their late twenties but most women in their early twenties and before that wouldn't respond. Fact

• Average lookng means different things to different people.

What Guys Said 6

• "Good looking" is relative. Hot is relative; we have some "universal" ideas, but past that, it gets hazy.

I knew a guy who was buff and good looking. He got drunk a few times - and "can't stand up" type of drunk. Each time he had a full on 'roid-esque tantrum, and the girls were arguing about who would get to take him home so they could hold his head over the toilet.

Appearance, ok, I get it. But if Kate Upton was puking on the floor drunk, I wouldn't be one of the guys fighting over the reward of getting to hold her head over the toilet, as gorgeous as she is. She wouldn't be attractive, as gorgeous and famous as she is.

There is a difference, though it would seem many girls today don't see that difference.

• That should be implied. We all know most people are shallow. We all know that most people are MORE shallow online. What did you expect? Did you wake up in an alternate universe in your mind? If they don't respond, regard it as their loss and get on with life.

• That did not answer my question. I said why can't women just put on their profile that they only want to talk to good looking guys so average and below average guys won't bother?

• "... why can't women just put on their profile that they only want to talk to good looking guys so average and below average guys won't bother?" - THAT SHOULD BE IMPLIED.

How did that not answer your question?

• Sorry lol.

• well the thing is girls on those sites with half descent profiles get a lot of messages so they don't reply to many of the guys who message them. my advice would be to try and meet some girls in real life if your not having success online as it can be tough. its often a lot easier in real life once you get out there and start to meet people and develop some confidence in talking to people

• That did not answer my question. It is known that many women choose to only respond to good looking guys, since that is the case why can't women just be honest and put on their profile that they only want to talk to good looking guys?

• yeah but they get a lot of emails so they only reply to profiles that interest them the most of course that is going to more than likely be good looking guys. some do put restrictions on who can email them but most sites can't reject an email based on appearance

• Because it's implied that she'll want to talk to dudes that she thinks are good looking. And because attraction is subjective, so saying that she only wants to talk to "good looking guys" doesn't mean barely anything.

• Because that is implied.

• Because attractiveness is subjective and such an option would be encouraging dIscrimination.