Would you stay with someone for 6 months if you didn't have feelings for them?

Would you stay in a relationship with someone for 6 months if you weren't really into them? And do you think 6 months is a long enough time for someone to "get under your skin", meaning that getting over the break up would be more difficult?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no point in that. I fully believe that if it isn't working out, then it is time to leave. You end up harming yourself and/or the other person.

What Guys Said 4

• Couldn't be with someone that long if I didn't have feelings.

• no. that would be a waste of time

• Nope, mb just room mates

• I would have to be into them some, but not necessarily totally into them. I have dated girls for months, knowing it would end pretty soon.

• Just curious - why prolong it if you know it will end? There's no one else to date or the sex is good? Do you act like you are into them although and lead them on? Not judging just curious...

• But would you act differently if you weren't that into it? Would you buy them gifts, be affectionate, call them and email them when you were away, meet their parents?

• I wouldn't buy them gifts or meet there parents, unless I had to.

What Girls Said 4

• My boyfriend was into me, everyone around me thought so too. On the 8th month out of nowhere he suggested that we should just be friends :/
    I was and still am simply crushed.

• Oh hon, I'm sorry! I feel your pain. My ex broke up with me after 6 months because he was very jealous of an old BF and decided to punish me. He told me he never had feelings for me. I know it's BS, he was just trying to hurt me. What was your BFs explanation for just wanting to be friends?

• It probably is BS. I mean you can't just decide you don't have feelings for someone. He's just trying to be a dick. I bet you anything he's regretting his decision.
      My boyfriend, wouldn't tell me why. His only answer (At first) was because he was looking out for both of us. Then he recently told me it was because we fought a lot. Which is true. Still, the way he told me he just wanted to be friends all of a sudden was pretty hurtful. Guys can't help but being assholes sometimes.

• Guys will do that, especially if she's putting out.

• It depends on the guy. If a guy uses you for sex, you know it. You pretty much feel like a human receptacle.

• Oh for sure. Some girls will take that over being single though.

• Definitely. Not me though. You end up feeling like a piece of garbage in the end. I have more self respect than that.

• Nope. I feel that's unfair for the person in question.

• He would if he was bored or if no one better came along