Girls would you think less of a guy who was going to see a therapist?

Would it make you think less of him? Would it scare you off? What would your thoughts be when he told you? Do you think it's kind pathetic for a guy to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no it's not pathetic. It wouldn't scare me off. I suffer from depression. I understand that everybody has their own problems. I think it's great that you'd be going to get help rather than sit there and let whatever it is ruin your life. I would actually think better about a person who told me that, not less. Going to a therapist is a responsible thing to do. It tells me that you care about your well being and want to be a happy person and heal your wounds. If someone thought less of you for that, dump them. Don't let them waste your time. You deserve better than someone so judgmental. Just because you go to therapy doesn't mean you're crazy or a bad person or anything. It means you're a wounded human (just like most of us are) seeking help. That's a beautiful thing. Don't ever let some snobby girl make you feel less about yourself. I hope you find a great girl :)

What Girls Said 18

• No, I wouldn't think less of him. In fact, I would think that he's being really smart. Too many guys refuse to go to a therapist (or refuse to talk about their emotions and thoughts in general), to the point where it becomes damaging to them. I think it's good that you're aware about your problems and that you want to talk to someone about them. It's important.

• No way! I think it takes a real man to actually go to someone to talk tbh. It's a huge step for someone to take especially men because you know with how everyone expects men to act. But doing tht is amazing because it shows tht you care enough about yourself to get the proper help you need so tht your next relationship won't suffer.

• Not at all, lol, my boyfriend and I actually have an appointment to see his therapist later this afternoon. We've been friends for years, I knew about his issues long before we ever got together. And therapy can be useful for anyone, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

• I wouldn't hold that to a guy. If he's seeing a therapist then that's his thing, as long as he is open with me and tells me, not on the first date, when things get serious then I see no problem. If it affects the relationship eh should tell the girl about it so she can know how to help, or what not to do.

• For the most part seeing a therapist wouldn't bother me - unless its for something such as violence in which it would be subjective. Definitely the fact that the guy is actually going to a therapist shows that he is mature enough to acknowledge that there is an issue. I think seeing a therapist is actually a healthy thing to do and more people should do it even if its not for a mental issue (depression, anxiety, etc.).

• I would think that he has courage and maturity to admit that he has a problem and he's trying to solve it. So, I would think more of him.
    And, I don't think it's pathetic, I think it's important.

• No. To me, it's a sign of maturity that someone is willing to confront his issues and seek a therapist for help.

• No I would be happy he actually does something to be happy

• No, if he needed it, I'd support him and encourage him to go.

• No. I think men are always afraid of going to others for help because it makes them seem less... manly or something, but females do it all the time. Maybe a select few girls would find it unattractive, but I would guess that the majority would just be indifferent.

• Not really but if it's for their homicidal rage or something worse then yeah I wouldn't date them. If it's for depression, anxiety, or something like that I wouldn't mind.

• Depends on why he is seeing a therapist to be honest. If it is his personal growth, of course I would be there for him. But if it's something more serious like murdering or sth, I would be scared, not gonna lie.

• So if he just murders but doesn't talk to someone about it he's okay right? 😛

• I would think more of him. I see one and it's ok.

• no i wouldn't think less of him but would be more concerned about his condition

• no i dont think it would it really depends on why i guess, and also i had to see a therapist for a bit so i kind of know the goings on

• NOT AT ALL!! I would think that he is sweet and sensitive and incredible for being brave enough to do it. I go to therapy, so, I guess I understand. Even though I'm a girl

• Oh no absolutely not! If anything I would be proud of him for being brave enough to do it and trust me enough to tell me about it. I wouldn't even feel that way out of pity. I think it's something that takes a lot of humility especially since guys prefer to help themselves in those types of situations. It wouldn't scare me off at all and I guess I would be more curious about what he's been through.

• I'd think more of him. It's a hard thing to do, and he had the strength to do it. a lot of people don't have the strength to get the help they need. I'd think well of him. Nothing worse than a person with issues and them not even trying to do anything about it.

What Guys Said 6

• Jesus Christ, if a girl doesn't respect you for trying to better yourself then who cares what she thinks. That said most women are compassionate and eminently reasonable and would totally get why seeing a therapist could be a most profitable exercise, so the entire question is, realistically speaking, a bit of a non-starter. You're fine man.

• While keep stuff inside is strength but being able to admit you have a problem and getting help for it is true strength. But sometimes only family can help with problems there are somethings no amount of degrees can fix but family can as family knows you better then any body else.

• A person working toward self-improvement and personal growth is actually attractive to me. It'd signal that, going forward, she'll be more likely to tackle issues head on and be proactive about solving problems as they arise.

• If a girl was afraid of a guy who see's a therapist... then she should start seeing one. There's definitely some issues.

• I see trying to improve yourself as a good thing.

• my friend goes to therapy, I don't judge him.