Is it bad that a girl asked me if it was a prank when I told her I like her?

I recently told a girl I liked her. I told her through a friend of hers, as I didn't have any means of contacting her otherwise. When I she passed on the message, i got one back asking if it was a prank. I see this as two different things; either she doesn't trust me enough to believe me, and therefore doesn't like me, or is trying to make sure I truly feel that way so she doesn't make a fool of herself with her response. Which one do you think it is?

by the way we are both 14

Most Helpful Girl

• i would have made sur it was genuine because people in my school dare each other to ask out random people. and you're right about the response if a girl thinks it real and its not then we get crushed and hate guys, if its real and she treats it as fake then that means she has been fake asked out a lot

What Girls Said 6

• It could really be either. Tell her the truth. That's all you can do. No one can say for sure which one she is thinking except herself. So it's better to just tell her.

• Thanks! I am genuinely telling her the truth. Do you think that it's because I passed it through her friend that makes her think it's a prank (I had no choice, it was the only way I could talk to her)

• It's most likely because you passed it through her friend. You could of asked her friend to be the middle person so that you two can meet up some place instead. So it probably threw her off.

• No it's not bad, but you can't ask a girl out via via. You have to do it person to person so ther won't be any misunderstandings. She just doesn't want to get hurt in case (wich you didn't) you were fooling around. tell her straight and you'll get a straight answer. Héy, good luck ;)

• I would have asked because when I was your age guys in my class used to dare each other to ask me out and it hurt my feelings a lot and stopped believing guys were serious.

• I did that all the time too. I was in disbelief and wanted to protect myself in case somewhere along the line the message was wrong or not true. She's probably just trying to make sure you mean it before she responds.

• Y'all are so young. I would advise being friends. Right now y'all are exploring the opposite gender and learning about yourself. Adding a relationship to the mix can cause confusion.

• if you're cute it would be the second one if you aren't the first one

What Guys Said 2

• either or. she is just looking out for her friend and making sure you're for real because she probably finds this as a strange approach.

• It means she's insecure so she doesn't believe you'd actually like her. I don't think it says anything about you, She's probably asking so that she doesn't make a fool of herself.