Have you ever been approached and hit on by a total stranger?

I'm just curious, because it's never happened to me. :D

I wasn't sure if it's something that only happens in the movies, or happens in reality often, too.

So.. you're doing grocery shopping, or out with friends, or just out from a stroll, whatever, then suddenly.. BAM. Someone comes up, introduces theirself and asks you out.

Has this ever happened to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• One time I was on the train home with a pack of cinnamon rolls, black middle age dude started talking to me, and I thought: "that's odd, nobody usually asks me about such perso - oh shit no, he's gay and he's attracted to me!".

• He really was gay and attracted to you? O_O

• Um. The last reply needs a good finisher - I'm happy knowing that for each day following the present, there lies a chance where I won't get hit on by an ugly dude and that trumps a beauty who cares about me - ANYTIME!

• Thanks!

What Guys Said 10

• I've been asked out on 2 separate occasions in middle school/high school, and have women flirt with me every now and then. One girl flirted so ecstatically that I thought she was going to jump my bones.
    The strange thing is, is that I don't think I'm any better looking than most men.

• Maybe you have a confident demeanor? :o I find guys more attractive if they are confident.^^

• Nope, never happened to me. Kinda wish it would though. It feels good knowing somebody out there wants to voluntarily be with you.

• I've been approached and hit on by an old man. It was at a hotel bar. I got a free drink out of it and didn't even ask for it. I'm straight so it was totally unwanted. I don't think I've actually been verbally hit on by a female. I've had my ass grabbed by a few of them. Does that count?

• Not hit on by a stranger, but when I was working out, running on a treadmill after I was done I was approached by a girl who really just seemed interested in marathons and asked if I was a marathon runner but would countine to talk to me so I indroduced myself. She was hard to understand at times, she was a Latina with a accent. Don't really see her at the gym any more though. That was my only encounter.

• Aaw... :3 Too bad she's not there anymore though. xD

• Well in reality, if it was the second option you said happened, its better off that way because that isn't the kind of person you would want to meet anyway. Someone that looks down on people for being friendly trying to make friend? That isn't cool!

• Very true! :D

• Well guys generally don't get "hit on." So to get hit on at all let alone by a total stranger would be pretty flattering.

• Years ago, when I was skinny, I went out to eat late on a Saturday night. I went to a restaurant brew-house place that was known for playing classic rock. I was pretty anti-social back then due to crippling social anxiety and low self-esteem. While eating my food, a random lady sat down in my booth across from me. I got annoyed and ignored her until she left. A little bit later, another woman came over and asked me if I wanted to join her and her friends at the bar. I shook my head and kept eating, totally fuming by that point.

Looking back, I kind of shake my head at it. It's really the only time that's ever happened.

• Strong looks only, or a girl asking about me in earshot. Girls, never ask in person :-(

I was leered at by a gay male once. I actually feel better than if he had hit on me. :-)

• Yes, it was a guy though and I'm straight -.-

• LOL. It's a bit funny though.. it seems you guys get hit on by gay guys more than females. xD Maybe because us females are too shy. :3

• I wish the gay guys would "act" like the typical flamboyant gays though... I would hate to finally muster up the courage, only to find out that I'm hitting on a gay guy...

• I whish straight girls would act really obvious, if they were interested, so that you won't get rejected all the time xD

• Older women hit on me once in awhile, they are really direct lol

• Yep, a lot of it was in college but I've had one girl come up to me out of the blue and ask me to make out with her which led to sex later on.

Another came up to me in the bar and said she'd seen me in class and passing by her on campus and how cute I was. We ended up seeing each other the month before school ended.

It felt odd getting that because I was a late bloomer. I didn't start having luck with women until I was 21. It's a double standard but depending on their appearance, girls can get away with this way easier than guys.

• Well, I turn 21 next month, so maybe your luck will rub off on me! :D Haha!

• Good luck. It was a shame, some people that knew I was inexperienced at the time, treated it like I was the 40 year old virgin. Part of it was I was a transfer student at a univeristy and before that I was staying at come home communting to a local college with little to no opportunities to meet women. It's different for women though.

• Yeah. I get that often. I only recently a few months ago had my first kiss, so... growing up, it was like... I'm bigfoot or something. LOL. People were like.."what? You've never been with a guy? Preposterous!!" So awkward...

What Girls Said 17

• Yeah it happens. It's happened to me, a lot more often now than before, I don't know I guess I blossomed or something LOL and I've also done it. I did it to this one guy that just like, I don't know when I saw him I swear I felt cupid's arrow shoot through my heart so I went up to the guy and told him "can I just say something... you're really cute :)" BAM, he still texts me good morning almost every day since and that was back in like March ;)

• AAW That is SO cute!!! Congratulations and good luck! <3

• You just gave me the confidence to start doing this.

• haha the funny thing is I was NEVER like this, I'm confident and outgoing, but when it comes to guys I'm shy and I just wait around. but that day that I saw this guy, I decided I wanted to make it happen and I broke out of my shell. it's empowering. and he said the confidence is very sexy. I suggest you go out and try it, be confident and get what you want girl, you'll thank me later ;) . and don't be discouraged if you it doesn't work out the first time, it's trial and error, good luck :)

• has never happened to me either misupandaaaa

• It's okay... we can.. approach and hit on each other ;~; <3

• If we ever meet in person, I shall totally cook you the best chocolate chip pancakes your taste buds have ever had D: < After we smother Jell-O on ourselves of course..

• Hahahahabhgikfllghkgdghfhjuffio! I will make sure you uphold this. :D :D

• couple of times over the past 7-8 years. Only happens about once or twice a year though.

was waiting for my train after a house party, totally drunk and red in the face, 2 a. m., and some 50 year old guy asks me to have coffee. What the?

but most of the time they don't ask me out, they just chat me up and then asks for my number or Facebook or even name and room number (we live in neighboring student dorms, I didn't give him my real name and of course didn't give him my room number!). But never from a guy who is my type though...

• years I have th other day I was walking home and this guy walks up to me and yells me I dropped something, and I'm like why and he is like my number. I walk away then he followes mr and asks if I want it and I'm like no. Then he goes and turn turns out he had been following me

• I've had it quite a bit but I hang out in public libraries, dog parks (with my puppy) and places alone so I guess I'm more approachable. When out with friends I get flirted with but not asked out as much as when I'm on my own. Either way I tell them I'm engaged aha so yeah aha.

• Yeah, I don't know, maybe I give off this vibe like.."This girl is awful and mean, and you shouldn't talk to her!!" :o

• Haha I'm sure you don't. Maybe you just intimidate them with your prettiness ^.^

• Aaw, bless your heart! <3

• Yeah this has happened a few times. Haha most of the time they try to give me their number or something haha

• Yeah but it's mostly by random guys, most of the guys i know are shy, into other things and girls aren't important right now*cough cough* care about music too much*cough cough* and are cocky guys that wait for girls to hit on them first:/ and it mostly happens at my school since I'm young still but sometimes random h. guys ask me out at the mall since i look a little older than my age

• See, part of my issue is that I look extremely young for my age, especially if I'm not wearing make-up.. I can pass for a 12 year old sometimes. It's scary!

• Haha, perfect plan! And.. I suppose I'll appreciate it when I'm 40. :P

• Hehe yup my mom is 43 and looks 30 something years old you'll be very happy with looking young during that time lol

• Of all the guys that is how 85% hit on me. Most guys that are friends with me flirt but never make the move.

• Wow, really? That's good though! It must mean you're very pretty and give off a friendly vibe! :D

• Men seem to be more confident in their late 20s and so on. I dunno, probably also depends how much you go out and where your hangout spots are!

• Yeah, that could be part of it, too. I'm still young. :) I do need to work on my shyness, too. It'll happen! xD

• The cute store manager at my local GameStop says he's in a relationship but I think he likes me because every time I go come in he's always flirting with me and playfully teasing me. :D He's so cute and I want him really bad! I like him a lot!

• Yeah, I've had this a few times and have done it myself too. Last year some girl came and asked out my boyfriend while he was working, so it does happen.

• Yeah... it's happened maybe a few times a year... not too often

• nah it happens in real life, I've had it happen quite alot, but i would never go there as most of them are older then me

• Yes, all the time, in many different ways.

• Where does it happen usually for you? Like.. what types of places?

• Anywhere... walking down the street, at the mall, etc. It kinda gets annoying sometimes lol. It hasn't happened much often though.

• Yes. I always get so freaked out and embarrassed. I don't like it.

• Yes 2 times. Freaking scary.

• It's scary to you? xD

• Lol good for you, not me :(.. I just freaked out and run away hahahaa!! xD

• LOL. Poor guy.. he's probably thinking "what did I do wrong?" haaha!

• I hate that

• I think I'd be flattered, but my nerves would get the better of me. I'd be so shy. >_<;

• Yes - twice by guys and once by a girl.

• Wow :O Mind sharing where you were at during these times?

• Wow! You must be pretty then! xD

• I'd say I'm probably just above average in appearance, maybe 6/10...