What's so bad about a "gold digger"?

Every where on this website I see guys complain about "gold diggers". And I don't see why people are complaining.

What's the difference between a girl who doesn't want to date an overweight person, girl who doesn't want to date a short person, and a girl who doesn't want to date a guy who doesn't have money? It's all just preference to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. The term gold digger is a matter of perception, not just individual but we as a society that have been made to perceive it since we discovered wealth as beyond ability
    2. There are even guys who have preferences about overweight girls or skinny girls etc but since it exists both ways it's considered normal though some term it as 'shallow' but I believe every individual immaterial of gender is within their right of choice
    3. We humans are hardwired generally by nature in a way that a man finds a woman attractive by face & body while a woman first by the man's ability (in days earlier than wealth it was about his virility, ability to hunt, bring home food, dominance etc) cause these are the basic traits of humans
    4. When wealth as we know it now came into existence it again was the man who is supposed to earn (nothing wrong with that) to give his people a good life. So what's wrong in a girl wanting a man who has enough to support her needs and luxuries
    5. A gold digger (though I don't like using these terms) according to me is someone who will be with someone who has money and will leave when they have none i. e. not support them at such a time (these exist in both genders) but again I won't term even that completely wrong unless that person hasn't made it clear as to how it will be if he/she loses wealth :)
    6. A girl is very much within her right not to date someone w/o money and that doesn't make her a gold digger :)

What Guys Said 19

• It's not really the same actually.. Being overweight doesn't stop anyone from going after that person however being overweight is usually does show how one could possibly care less about their own health. and if this is so why should i be with someone who isn't capable of taking care of themselves. Again we don't know of the facts... and that's just generic thinking.
    GOLDDIGGERS are only after you for your money and if they don't have that then it's all over.. Being materialistic is such a shame.

• In my book, nothing. They are who they are and know what they want. They don't want me, that's cool. I get it. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Women will always have a primal nature that drives them to seek a provider of sorts. Plenty of men don't mind being just that.

• Because gold diggers are just long term prostitutes with even less of a soul. The difference in the gold digger is she can not truly love the one she is with because what was important to her first was his money and not his love. If a poor man met a poor woman and they married and she loved him and he got rich and she loved him still and loved buying nice things then so what but if a poor woman met a rich man and they married and she loved him because of his power and money then she never really loved him at all, just his power and money.

• When a girl will only date a skinny person, she has no intention of taking away his skinniness. When a girl will only date a tall person, she has no intention of taking away his tallness. When a girl will only date a wealthy person... the analogy breaks down.

Gold diggers are leeches.

• The question is whether she cares about anything aside from money. If money is just one thing she likes about the guy, then she's not a "gold digger." Gold digger is if she's only with him because he buys her things. Same as a guy who's only with a girl for the sex. That's different than a guy who is with a girl because of the sex, but also because he just enjoys being with her.

• Because weight and height have to do with the guy himself.
    Money has to do with what he has (or doesn't have).

• It becomes something of a problem when money is the ONLY thing, or by far the most paramount thing, a person is into.

Other than that, I have no problem with someone who wants a mate with earning power. I think what a person earns can say quite a bit about his or her character.

• Gold diggers date the person for the share of his financial resources and not because of the actual *person* they are dating. Technically, it is a type of dehumanization. Similar to dating someone just because they have large boobs.

• A gold digger is worse than hookers, I truly have more rescpect for prostitutes and escorst than for gold diggers. Hookers, p*rn actress , Escorts, Striptease are consider scum, but gold digger are far worse than scum, are the scum of scum of scum

• Preference or not girls are still choosy duh they think too much and think they are always right hahahaha what makes them more psycho, and and most girls have lame jobs and not getting married and she knows she getting old.. She is just waiting and waiting for that day for someone to pick her up pffts hahaha

• My problem with a 'goldigger' is the relationship isn't based on attraction or feeling or love it's based on wealth and in my opinion relationships shouldn't be about money.

• You're kidding me right? GTFO out of here. You're a terrible person.

• Nothing if she is honest about it, but they never are.

• She's has no respect for herself. So why should us men show respect if all she cares about is money? I'll treat her the way she deserves to be treated. Just as men are demonized for being with so many women and not being called sluts.

• If you want to have a relationship with my money rather than me, then you can't provide anything I want in a relationship. You showing interest is just wasting my time. You're like a Jehovah Witness banging on my door Saturday morning when I'm trying to enjoy my life. Do you know how annoying that is?

• You can't convince me to abandon my principles or go against my faith for a hallow existence, you can't trick me with a nice smile and by acting friendly to try and win my favor, you lies and deceit are not accepted here. Get off my porch... Go away!

• You're not doing anything wrong to the guy as long as you're honest. For example, you don't lie and tell him you love him when actually you don't.

But you only live once. And you want to waste it being with a guy you don't even love because it's easy? You're denying yourself the self-esteem that comes with experiencing true love and, also, earning your own money.

• Call yourself a prostitute and just get it over with.

• Gold diggers are girls who date a guy who wouldn't really be suitable for her due to whatever reason (usually age), but he clearly has the money to support her. It's why you see a lot of women going for retirees, they're no longer working, so they're no longer paying taxes on working, only their normal ones

• If the guy doesn't care that he's being used, then I guess there's nothing wrong with it, but it is still very shallow and materialistic.

• There's not much difference between a gold-digger and a prostitute, in my opinion.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, I think everyone should be able to buy their own things and not rely on someone else to pay for a lifestyle that is above there means. That's just a personal preference though.

• There is a difference. Gold digging is using somebody.

• For real let me get a young guy with money

• I think the problem is that "gold diggers" only date a guy for his money. She doesn't necessarily like who he is. It's the same with a guy who would only date a girl for sex, not for who she is.