I'm worried about my girlfriend's appearance?

I'm an 18 year old girl with a long distance girlfriend. We've been together for almost 2 years and I love her dearly. I've actually only seen her in person once before though, for only 2 weeks last year. It was amazing and I loved every second of it.

I'm going to visit her again soon, but she's put on quite a bit of weight. About 50 pounds, actually. I feel selfish and terrible for even thinking this, but I'm actually worried about what it's going to be like getting off the plane to her. I know that she won't look the same. It won't be the same when I hug her and I'd really hate for that to be my first reaction/thought when I see her again after a year. I know looks aren't everything, especially since I fell in love with her over a computer screen.

What do I do? I shouldn't be worrying about this, right?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Should you be more worried about her health and mental state than appearance? Quite shallow.