Is 21 too young to date a 36 year old?

I just turned 21, and have been seeing a guy that's 36. Is he too mature for me? Or is age just a number?

Most Helpful Guy

• Age is just a number as long as you two have some of the same goals and interests with no odd motives for wanting to be with each other.

• Ty for mh and best of luck to you

What Guys Said 10

• You mean is he too old, not the same thing as mature. If he was immature and you were mature for your age, it would work, but it does seem like a big gap. My answer would depend on your relative maturities, to make sure you weren't being taken advantage of. Some girls like significantly older men, I would just not rush into it so you can see it for what it is. I've had girls tell me at 27-29 they were immature at 21/22, so take things cautiously. Make sure he's not in a relationship, this is possibility is so common it's almost cliche.

• Go for it No problenm at all

• You're fine. Age is just a number, for now. Why? You're just dating. Big deal. Have fun, I bet this guy is a welcome change up from what you normally have hangin' around. If nothing else you get to try something from the buffet that you weren't sure about before.

• View people as people before you view them as a certain age. Admittedly... that IS a pretty big age gap and he's gone through some stages of life that you haven't... but ultimately, only you and him can know if this relationship will work. You still have a bit to mature into adulthood, so I'd personally discourage the relationship, but as I said, only you and him will know for sure.

If you do continue with your relationship, more power to you :) Just be prepared for cultural blowback.

• dude who cares? Did someone make ridiculous laws about this shit when i wasn't looking?

• Being 37 myself, I would say no but it's not ideal either. In the long run, you would be better of with somebody younger, however, a class B 25 yo is still worse than a class A 36 yo, so it does hugely depends on the quality of the man as well.

But for two equa men, at age 25 or 36, go for the 25 yo.

• No, I don't it's too young. As long as you guys have enough similarities and attraction, then I say go for it!

• sounds like a lot. but i've came across people who had an even bigger gap. till then, there is no such thing as age in love i guess

• Its like a 20yr old dating a 5yr old '-'

• If he is rich no its not.

What Girls Said 5

• Not really but I wouldn't date someone that much older than me

• Well actually big gap there. Maybe in short terms you both will be ok. But for long terms it will become difficult. You are still experiencing but he has already passed that. I say , live it and see where it goes.

• It depends on the mental maturity of each person.

• If you two connect I don't see an issue!

• Really he almost 17 years old than you that's a big gap that crazy if you like him I won't date someone that old if were you just be sure he's not a perver just using you and it's married it all good he kinda old I won't date old people i would be ashame one time I was dating 33 year old I was 18 and my friends tell me how disgusting he was I like him anyways so it depend on the person