Guys would you run away. If your girlfirend is to insecure?

Ok i am a insecure person deep down, no matter how much i. Dont let it get to me, it eventualy does, sadly for me...

Iv been isecure since i was a kid, due to my mom, if i didn't do somthing right, either she would scream or attack on the way i look nd compare to other kids saying they are better,

So till today i take thearapy from the last 2 years on this, and now currently 23 years old...

I once had a bf, he would stare at toher girls or say they are hot, my insecurities couldnt take it, or would admit the other girl is prettier than me, But obviously its life and there will be others whoo better, but then again i compare myself to them, i can not help it.

But overall, i am sweet, caring, and im not fat, people tell me im gourgouse, but i never feel it...

Please no rude answers, only seriouse aanswers,

Would a guy run away from me despite my issues?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. My gf of 6 years till about a month ago, has always been insecure and to an extent that she accused me of things I didn't do ever
    2. She's a loving and caring person too. Someone who stood by me through thick and thin
    3. But matters were compounded when her statements would be condescending and disparaging at all times
    4. I'm in a business meet over dinner and she'd want me to message her, listen to people around and god forbid if there's a woman in the meeting then I'm done for etc
    5. Insecurity has to be reigned in, it's a killer. I stood by all this for 6 years and bear her no ill will even today, she's an awesome girl but insecurity is detrimental on all grounds :)

• ahhh well its not like i tell him not to go to dinner if there is a woman there lol women are every were,... but wow 6 years,.. hope you guys are still happy :)

• thats really sweet, hope you guys are happy in the furture aswell,... good luck :)

• Thank you so much :) :)

What Guys Said 9

• I would never run away from an insecure girl! let alone my girlfriend is she is insecure. I would push through the difficult boundaries of our relationship and always keep her comforted. I would be so loyal to her because she is insecure, I wouldn't dare look at another girl or comment on another girls physical beauty. she will be at the top of my world and she will know how it feels to be loved and the absolute best! Her problems are my problems and I'll do all I can to only make things better.

• Short answer is no, the long answer is maybe. What I mean is I have had a few insecure girlfriends before. One left me, one I left and the last one I am still with.

Generally speaking I would try and help her deal with them, avoid mentioning other girls to her when possible and be as supportive as I can. I say maybe because sometimes there are girls who are so insecure that you can't have a normal conversation with them.

For example, the girl I left. At the time I was working in the fashion industry and often had to interact with women on a daily basis. I couldn't even talk about work with her without her accusing me of being attracted to them or comparing herself to them. I loved her very much but after 3 years of trying to make it work I couldn't deal with it any longer as she just never believed me.

• ahh wow, she is a freak then, no im not like that, i mean yess i do suffer from low selfesteem i would let it affect my relationship on daily basis like that,...

• *i wouldnt*

• If you were willing to do whatever it took to get over your insecurities, I would help you with them if you were my GF.

• Well if you know I'm dating you and you can't take the fact that some other females are also attractive (and obviously I'd be dating YOU so i'm not dating THEM which means you have zero nothing to be jealous or anxious about) and even see what I mean when I say they're attractive, then indeed you have got a problem. The existence of other attractive people doesn't undermine a relationship.

• yes i understand there are attractive people, even better ones than other,... but yes i do have a problem, it would take me years to be at least ok with it in my mind,.. but orcourse nobody likes to be single,...

• I wouldn't say anyone is hotter or prettier *in comparison* because honestly, that''s disrespectful even if you think so. But saying someone is pretty is harmless, I mean you look at a really breathtakingly beautiful female, you can't just say "yeah she's ugly" because everyone can tell that you're either fucked up or blind or just aren't saying the truth because she obviously isn't.

I looked all over Google to find a picture of at least one girl who's not smothered in paint crap and looked better than average or so and they're not at the level of the 9.2 / 10 girl I rated on GAG at some point (I wish I had saved out that question XD) but really, http://i.imgur.com/4J9Arz0.png and even though she has a bit of "natural" makeup on www.raplahambakliinik.ee/.../27.jpg kinda works as an example that you can't say they *aren't* attractive at all because there's pretty much nothing wrong with them at all by which you could support the claim.

Basically, saying someone is pretty is just admiration of beauty. It's like, natural art. It *is* pretty.

• yes him saying prettier or hotter brought me down to the extreme,...

but saying pretty is fine to me but saying hot kinda still gets to me,... but thanks this helped though

• No, insecurity is a lot more common than you think. As long as it doesn't effect your's and his day to day lives to much we can live with it. As time goes everything gets better

• We man, want a partner, a sexy partner, so even if you're gorgeous, i think that your chance of staying in a relationship is not very high ! Learn how to tell jokes, play music... etc, that should help. I myself only like strong women.

• I've been fighting for 5 years now. Even if every second phrase I tell to her is "you don't look fat, you're zoo beautiful. I like your.. and your... blabla"..

So there's hope ;)

• No, if she was hot I wouldn't.

• Once you have someone that way you'll realize :)

• umm im not sure if im hot but people say im gourgouse all the time, but then again...

• :))... i hope so

• Run away is probably the wrong word. I'd leave, but not run, exactly.

But that's because at my age, I've been the guy that stayed. And it doesn't work out. It's great that you're in therapy, but so were a few of my exes. And it didn't stick. They almost always gave up on the therapy for some bullshit reason. That left me accusing them of being in love with their insecurities, that they thought they were the most interesting things about them, and they didn't want to give them up.

My honest opinion these days, is don't wait and be the guy hoping she's going to get cured. Be a friend, if possible. But don't be the guy she's dating. If by some miracle she is cured, and her insecurities aren't an issue any more, then there's every chance she'll be interested in someone else any way. Someone more suited to the new her.

• "My honest opinion these days, is don't wait and be the guy hoping she's going to get cured. Be a friend, if possible. But don't be the guy she's dating."

Agreed. I mean, it is absurdly tempting to try to be there and support her through it as her lover throughout the process, but... The reality is that she needs to find her own strength, which is something you have only tangential influence over. Once she's got that strength, though... fair game!

• its never bullshit giving it up you you know, they just happen to get swallowed in it as i do, but i dont inten to giveup just yet,... but iv never accused my bfs of anything really, or say they are lieng, stuff like that,...

and buy the way im not being rude, but you sound kindv unsupporting to your exes in a way

• also agreed, that waht im working on thses day, finding my own strength,. but its extremly hard though,...

What Girls Said 1

• If he said they were prettier he didn't love you. I'm like this too, but plenty of guys like me despite of it, and my one relationship was a long one. There's hope for you

• thats good to know,... thanks :)