Giving credit card to waiter before girl gets there?

Just curious on girls' thoughts on this. Say we're set for a date at a fairly nice restaurant, I get there a little early, get seated, and then give my credit card to the waiter so that he can just take care of the bill after dinner without having to bring the check.

Would you be cool with that, or would you feel offended I paid without even giving you a chance to offer to go dutch?

Most Helpful Girl

• All women aren't the same. It'll really depend on you date. As some women prefer for the man to pay, some women prefer to pay, some women prefer to go half, some women prefer to pay for the tip, est.

Its likely that you'll offend the women who prefer to pay for themselves. But how would you actually know until the bill comes?

Either way, its not a big deal, if someone get a little offended, tell her she can pay for the next date. If someone loses their shit over it, do you really want to be with someone so petty anyways?

What Girls Said 9

• So fucking slick. This is the coolest move. You spend a whole date breaking someone's emotional barriers down, growing comfortable, easing into a friendship, and then BAM! There's a huge moment of awkwardness as you fumble through who's going to pay, and then a slam dunk turns into a half hug. No bueno, my friend. It is really neat of you to be willing to nip that in the bud.

• Nope, I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. It avoids the awkward chat about who picks up the bill at the end, haha.

But I don't know if I could leave my credit card out of my sight like that! I wouldn't want it to get lost or stolen, or get a shady waiter/waitress who might tack extra on for a gratuitous tip.

• Classy move!

• No I think its super sweet and chivalrous. It shows your intentions are good. I'd say go for it. Girls go all fuzzy over stuff like that.

• That's slick and very gentleman like 👍

• I'd actually think that was pretty smooth and it would avoid the awkwardness of "No I'll pay... no me... no me" I'd be grateful for the meal and the avoided conversation

• I guess it would be okay with me for the first date though it's not that I actually expect for you to pay for me. I would be cool with it but as long as you let me pay for after dinner activities or for our next date. I want the guy to know that I am just as capable.

• I wouldn't be offended but I do suggest that you don't do that because the waiter/waitress could charge you extra without you knowing. The only kind of woman that would have a problem with it is a feminist.

• I'd think that it's so gentleman like of you. It's a good idea!

What Guys Said 5

• Hmmm I might have to steal this idea from you...

• That's the way real men handle a first date. Nice.

• Feeding a girl with money you don't have, great idea!

• How classy of you.

• How do you pay for a bill that doesn't exist or hasn't been finalized yet?

• Basically you're saying, whatever it comes out to, just charge it to my card.

• Yeah that's possible. I was just thinking that it could avoid the need to have the exchange where she offers her card and I say "no I got this," but then I thought doing it might offend her or make her uncomfortable like she think I don't think she can pay for herself. Haha. Anyway, thanks for the response!

• Yeah, seems like a lot of effort for something fixed as easily as "I'll pay"