Should I delete pictures of a guy I was dating?

Well I was dating this guy and I took a picture of him on my phone and two weEks ago he text me and told me he wasn't ready for a relationship and that he thought he was when he asked me out. But I still have the pictures on my phone and can't bring myself to delete them. I fell for him x

Most Helpful Guy

• Rule of thumb that I always suggest women follow after they are rejected is that they remove any and all traces of the source of heartache to expedite the healing process. When I broke up with one of my ex's (years ago) I found out later that she took everything of mine and put it in a box and put the box in her closet. That way she didn't throw away the memories but also did not have them staring at her in the face. I think this is a good idea.

Due to your pictures being on your phone, I would suggest getting "One Drive" or something similar, putting them in there, deleting them from your phone and boxing up anything you may have laying around. That way the pictures are stored within One Drive and accessible to you down the line but also aren't within your reach constantly.

• So I have his jacket should I give it back?

• Ok thanks

• You're welcome. Keep your chin up, any emotional sadness should pass within a few days if you continue to avoid him and thus he doesn't bring your emotions up to the front of your mind again during your healing process.

What Guys Said 4

• If you had a good time and nothing bad happened between you, why would you delete them?

I'm still best friends with my ex-girlfriend. We still talk all the time, hang out (well, not currently, but that's because she's in another country at this moment getting her master's degree). We don't delete our pictures or messages to each other. Why would we? We still love each other. Sure, it's a different kind of love, but it's still love all the same. If you like the person, as a friend or as more, and you had a good time with them, why abandon those memories?

So no, I don't see any sense in you deleting them. Deleting them might help you move on faster, but in the end you'll regret it most likely because you'll realize you dashed away memories of good events.
    Keeping them, on the other hand, will help you grow as a person. You don't have to sever all ties to the past to be able to move on towards the future.

• I never understood why my girlfriends always kept pictures of their exes laying around.

• if you want to get over him, better delete them xD

• i think yes you should cause that way you will forget about him easily.

What Girls Said 3

• It's really up to you, I personally don't keep anything like that ever. When it's over, it's over.

• Well its your phone... if you want to keep them then keep them :) I'd say the only reason to delete them is if you get another guy :P but if you like him then I wouldn't call it weird or anything to keep the photo :P

• yeah you should delete pictures and get rid of them. trust me, itll make it easier to move on and heal :/ it won't make anything better if you just sit there and look at his pictures and dream about him, you know :( i know its difficult. you should give him back any of his belongings that you have and try to move on from it. good luck hun