Going on a date tomorrow, but I just found out my friend "digs" me, do I still go?

Not going to lie I had a crush on my friend, I've known him for a year. Throughout that year he was always busy and couldn't hangout or just stopped communicating. He's told me he's to busy and focused on school for a relationship so that was that. Recently this new guy started talking to me and I'm crushing. He asked me on a movie date yesterday and I was looking forward to it and still am, but my friend texted me later that day and told me he "digs" me. I need some opinions please.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, you have a duty to your friend to prioritize him before anyone else. No. Actually, you just go with whomever feels right, it's when you get yourself to solely please people because of whatever friendship they had previously that you'll end up getting into icky situations latter on.

What Guys Said 3

• You've already accepted the invitation from this other person, so you need to honor that one first. Go and enjoy your time with this person. Try not to think too much about your other friend at the moment. Going on one date doesn't automatically guarantee a relationship.

• Well I am going, because I'm still excited about the date. I want to see where this leads me. Thank you.

• Nothing wrong with going on the date, you already had plans before your friend texted you.

Plus, think about the guy who you have plans with, what would you tell him? "Hey, can't make it sorry, I've been dug!"

• Well I know I don't want to cancel with this guy he's sweet. So I'm going on the date. thanks

• He knows you're now unavailable. You instantly become more attractive when you're not available. That's why he told you. You have to make a decision here that we can not make for you. Which person do you truly enjoy more... which one always gives you butterflies, which one just makes you think, damn, I wonder what he looks like under his clothes. Who really gets your engine going, basically

• That's true, I mean he kinda had a chance. The new guy definitely, thanks.

What Girls Said 2

• Go on your date

• The fact that he "digs" you doesn't really mean that much after all this time. Does he know about this new guy? If yes, ask yourself if it's possible that he doesn't want anyone else to have you even though he doesn't want to be with you himself? If no, cool, things might possibly maybe in theory be going somewhere but I don't think that warrants blowing off the date if you really do like the new guy.

• Well I never told him about the guy but he kinda found out. I really do like the new guy but my friend is just really persistent on texting me right now and I'm worried he'll do it while I'm on the date.