Is he trying to end things or does he still want to see me? What is happening?

I've been dating this guy for about a month and we really click. We were texting all day everyday, he told me that he likes me and that he's excited to see where this goes. A couple weeks ago, he didn't respond to a text I sent him, and then I didn't hear from him for five days straight. Assuming he had tried to fade out on me, I texted him asking whether he still wanted to see me. He said of course, and apologized for making it seem like that. We went on a date a couple days later, and things were good again.
However, after the date he got distant again. He said that he couldn't hangout last weekend bc he had a cold, and this weekend he sent me a snapchat saying that he's going on vacation with his family. I sent him one today asking when he'll be back, and he never answered.
What is happening, and what should I do now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that constant back and forth usually doesn't last forever, since initially you're both naturally excited about each other.

The key here is to have some balance. No excessive contact, but no disappearing either. It does take some work to keep it going, but if you're both still happy it's well worth it.

• Thanks for answering! I agree, that first phase can't last forever. I'm willing to work to maintain a connection, but I just don't want to make a fool out of myself by trying too hard if he's trying to fade out on me. It's just hard to figure out the difference between honest unavailability and an attempt to send a message. Do you think he would've been honest with me if he were trying to end things when I asked him?

• I can't say since I don't know the guy. I'd say for now, don't text him. Let him be the one to contact you.

• Thank you!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0