Why dont dads want their daughters having boyfriends?

Me and my boyfriend were making out then things got a little out of hand and my brother walked in... Yeah well he musta told my dad because now im grounded for 4months and can't date til im 18... Im 14.
Why dont fathers want their daughters dating and having real fun? Like he does it with his 50 other girlfriends... he's cool with my brother doing stuff like that... Why not me tho?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your dad should let you do whatever you want. Bang whoever you want, s**k whoever you want, and shouldn't bat an eye.

What Guys Said 9

• A girl can and will fall in love with a Jackass in a clown suit. Next she has a baby and daddy has to deal with the fact than a clown, fool, thief, idiot, stupid on tuesday, moron and the list goes on got his stupid daughter pregnant. Now stupid is a part of the family for life.

Your father know that girls with hormones are worst than boys with hormones. Once a young girl gets pregnant the good guys will not look at her, she will always been seen as cheap, easy and not worth a formal marriage. All that life holds as good is over and replaced with a life of struggle.

So if your father is angry with you, it is because he loves you. The father is the only man in the world that can love his daughter unconditionally, not a man, not a friend.

• He wants to wait until you're able to understand the implications of dating. He's really looking out for you. Your brother won't get pregnant, but chances are you will. So he just wants you focused on school.

• As men, we understand exactly what teenage boys think of. Most teenage boys are so pumped up with hormones that sex is on the forefront of their minds.
    Your father doesn't want you to be exposed to that, and to get hurt. He's trying to protect you.

• Because he remembers what he was like in his teens. And how he was thinking and treated girls when he was your age

• this picture should give you the answer...

http://i.imgur.com/4TGZG2I.jpg

• Nobody is good enough for daddy's little girl.

• Yes im daddys little girl all right😂😂I'll be a little girl to a guy who ran away and hid for the first 13 years of my life👌

• Well you can always run away and hide from him for the next 13 years.

• Because he knows what guys think and want and he doesn't want you to get used, he's just trying to protect you from getting hurt by these guys

• Because they remember what they did to other dads' daughters.
    A thief always thinks everyone else is stealing from him.

• They're their little girls. When you have a son, you'll realize why

What Girls Said 5

• It's because " things got a little out of hand" and he knows what boys are like at that age. He doesn't want a pregnant 14 year old daughter or seeing you get hurt. It isn't that he doesn't want you to date, it's just that he's worried you'll start having sex too young.

• Well chances are dating is dunting but everybody gets hurt in the end but some dont but some do but I understand your solution too... its depressing too like why!!! ):

• But hey look it like this it doesn't matter if a male or female date they still get hurt emotional and it sucks and dont be surprised if ur brother gets dumped or used or worse than that and im being serious like I dated at 6 because I was trying to see how its like and I didn't like up until 13 and boys started using me bavk and forth and like I said understand its depressing too and sucks and I understand your pain... ):

• I assume your brother is at legal consent, because if he is not than that's where it gets unfair.
    You are young but I think you should experience a relationship but I do wish he sets ground rules about no sex and be at places where it is nice and have a curfew.
    There should be limitations not non-existent, its a good learning experience for you. However, you're dad is just being protective :)

• Because your dad knows that boys that age are looking for only one thing. He is trying to protect you from your own stupidity and so is your brother. I wish girls would have more respect for themselves. At 14 years old nothing should be getting out of hand , your a kid be a kid. My daughter would be punished till she was 18.

• Am not a dad, am a mother and think the same way. He is trying to protect you, thats all.