I broke it off with my online boyfriend, did I make the wrong choice?

i still really love him, the only reason why I decided to end it was because he 'didn't know' if we were ever going to be able to meet. he got... Show More

oh and we've been together for 2 years btw.
dhkfhsd he called me last night (:

all thoughts of him being a creepy pedophile are gone. (:

seriously I'm so happy right now. we talked for like 4 1/2 hours until like 730 in the morning.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand how hard that can be. I always used to make fun of people who met people online until it happened to me. He went to high school with my roommate & we had many mutual friends, but I never met the guy in person. I was shocked when I realized that even though we had never met, hugged, kissed,etc. I really really liked him. Stronger than I had liked almost any guy before. So I understand your situation.

However, it's not the online part that's bad. He doesn't have a phone, or a job and he just got arrested. That would be enough to dump a guy that you do know in real life. Plus, the online thing can only go on for so long. You have to eventually meet the person. After about 4 months of talking with my guy, we realized it would be too hard in our current situations to make anything real come out of it. So we settled for friends. 2 years seems like an awfully long time to have never met the person.

I think you did the right thing for a multiple of reasons. If it's supposed to work out it will.

• I think the fact that I love him despite all of his faults (getting arrested, not having a job, etc.) really means something though.. he's perfect to me despite all of that.

thats exactly how I look at it though. if its meant to be, it will be.