Anyone date a male virgin?

So i've been dating this guy for a long while now and we are comming on our senior year of college and soon graduation which I must confess that I'm not sure if we will be able to stay together after gradution. However, when we started dating he was a virgin in sex and dating (a few flings with making out but never anything serious and never had a girlfriend before) and has been loyally at my side since we started dating.

My question to you all out there is- how can he know that I'm the one for him? He talks to me about getting our own place one day and staying together past college but something about it bugs me. I have a feeling like there's something better out there, and at the same time I feel I can't imagine being without him in my life. But i'm worried that he hasn't expereinced enough, that he's staying with me because I'm his first everything and he doesn't want to lose that.

Thanks for reading :)

Most Helpful Guy

• This is more about you then him isn't it?

"I'm not sure if we will be able to stay together after gradution."
    "has been loyally at my side"
    "I have a feeling like there's something better out there"

Are red flags and signs of doubt in your mind. Make sure you sort out your feelings about him before trying to figure out how he feels about you.

That being said, you are probably right about your last point.

What Guys Said 4

• With I can vouch for him because I am just like him, me and my girlfriend have been together for almost 2 1/2 years and she is my first girlfriend. Based on what you've said I assume that you have experience in the dating world. Just because you are his first, it does not mean that he is settling with you because of all the first.

I'm just like him, i'd like to stay optimistic about the future and luckily my girlfriend feels the same way. In my case, it wasn't that she is my first, it is because I can be myself around her. I am in a loving and caring environment with someone who feels the same about me. True, I haven't had any experience with any other women, but I like to think that the inexperience is what led me to meet the right person, i didn't date, but i knew what i wanted in a person.

My point out of all this is that i don't believe he is settling because you are his first. I think that the fact that he is being upfront about possible future plans, can mean that he feels safe in the relationship he is in and that he loves you with all of his heart. And seeing how you worry that he hasn't had any experience shows me that you love him just as much.

Everyone will have their doubts from time to time, but it the end if you can overcome those doubts, especially when it comes to your significant other, you and your relationship will be stronger.

And if these doubts are still present, you should talk to your boyfriend and tell him about your concerns. It never hurts to talk about your feelings, especially if it is with your boyfriend.

Anyways, I hope this helps!

Good Luck!!

• Just talk to him about it, if you haven't already.

• I probably should have added that we've been dating since sophmore year of college. How can I talk to him about this without hurting him? I guess I just don't believe it's possible for him to be so certain.. sometimes i don't even know if i'm certain..

• what?

• Reread the first line, not the second.

• He can't know. He'll never know unless you two break up. Maybe there is someone out there that's better, but maybe there isn't. If you two have a good thing going, I don't know why he would even consider a "what if" and neither should you.

• it seems a lot of girls are turned off by guys that are virgins because girls don't want to have to guide the guy

What Girls Said 1

• Wow. That's profound. But then again, men who aren't virgins could feel that way.