I'm a girl soon-to-be freshman in college and he is going to be a junior in highschool. Will the relationship last?

SO I am 1 year and 2 months older that him but two school years apart. We've liked each other for years but we didn't have the guts to tell each other up until now. He confessed to me the other day and I seriously didn't know what to say. Don't get me wrong I really like the guy and our parents are really good friends and everything but it's just that I feel that a relationship between us won't last now that I'm leaving for college. And I'm not just worried about the long distance. I'm mostly worried about the fact that we will both be in completely different stages in our lives when summer ends..

What do you think? Anyone been there before?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to tell you this but most likely not going to last. Many couples go into college thinking they'll last forever but then they realize something obvious, people change. There are obstacles such as distance and temptation is around every corner. College is where people start growing out of the bubble they were in during High School and while some relationships do make it, they are the exception. If you are confident in this go for it but if not easier to break it off before your halfway through the semester and realize you don't want to be grounded to a long distance relationship that just started.

• Thanks for the honest reply. That's exactly how I feel about this whole thing :/

• Sorry again to be blunt... But cheer up! There are plenty of nice guys at college (once you surf through all of the dicks) and I'm sure you'll find someone!

• Hahaha I bet you are right about that :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Most likely it won't last but don't despair, you will me others.