Strange or normal internet dating?

I started chatting to a girl a week ago, we exchanged about five messages online and she gave me her number without me even asking, to me that's odd. We text all evening and she rang me later for about three hours - most of it was talking at me. Since then she has continued to ring everyday, but swerved the question of "do you want to go out" by saying she's busy and would need to check her diary, to be fair she works odd hours. But whilst she seems interested on talking to me, she doesn't seem interested in going out... I thought maybe she just needs a friend to talk to, someone who'll listen, but she has friends and 1000 on facebook.

It just seems weird that she keeps ringing, wanting to chat, and a bit of flirty suggestive chat too... but more along the lines of what she likes

So any ideas anyone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, she seems like she just needs to vent, or talk to you because you'll listen, and probably at the same time, lead you on. I think she likes you, but isn't really into you. OR she would've just been like "Yeah, let's go on that date" or whatever.
    You might be telling her everything she wants to hear, that's why she talks to you most about things.
    But I don't think she sounds really into you.

What Girls Said 3

• She either is catfish or she has a man already and your just her escape for a little while he is gone. If she calls around a certain time. And didn't pay attention to you in certain days or times she has a man. If she talks all the time but didn't wanna meet up she's a catfish more than likely

• We haven't met yet... there is no pattern to when she rings me, I've seen her facebook... she seems genuine... she's just rang me now while she's out?

• Well than buddy it's up to you. Ps she may seem genuine but word of caution. I had my photos stolen and found people make pages that looked legit but they were my photos so just be careful

• Younger days : I would say yes. now- no. Never. Had bad experience with it. Never again.
    Prefer real life.

• Sounds like a Catfish to me.

• Not sure she can be? Would be very elaborate, as during the conversations, she has told me a lot of things that tie up. Even down to her Facebook updates...

What Guys Said 3

• Despite having friends, there are different levels and types of friends. She probably thinks you're cool and she can be pretty open to you. Personally speaking, I once had an internet friend that BECAUSE I didn't know her very well, I found myself surprisingly open to her. She had a unique personality to bring that out.

I wouldn't think of her as "dating" material, personally speaking. There has to be a solid friendship foundation before you should start thinking of her as that, and it sounds like that still needs a little work to be mutual. If you think she's cool, though, then by all means stay her friend. If it ends up as a relationship, that's awesome, but if not, just remember that you don't need someone in your life to be "complete" -- you're awesome by yourself :)

• You should be trying to date numerous girls at once from that dating website, that's your problem. If you start talking to someone else than you are not as concerned with this current girl your talking to if she turns you down. When you are meeting a couple girls in the same weekend or week it helps you to focus less on one in particular and keep things light. After than you can make your discission... Not to mentioned a lot of people online are very deceiving so I wouldn't put too much heart into it just yet. You may meet her and decide she's 80lbs overweight or her pictures don't look anything liker her.

• i'm not really a fan of internet dating... there's no point to it. You won't see that person for god knows how long, the person will more likely cheat on you, they can do whatever they want cuz well you are not there with them and can't control them. there's no sex, kissing, hugging or anything like that. No point to internet relationships... sorry bro