What do you do when you meet someone on an online dating site who you like, but doesn't live very close to you?

Is it worth trying to meet someone in person who doesn't live very close to you if you seem to be getting along well and there is chemistry? How do you decide when you're in that situation? Have you ever had to make that decision?

I probably should have been specific - the guy I've been talking to lives about 6 hours from me. With that distance, is it worth pursuing?

Most Helpful Girl

• It was an easy decision for me to make just because of the connection that I felt when I was first talking to my bf. If you like each other enough, and feel you have chemistry, then why not meet and go on a date? I met my bf online and we live an hour a part, plus he works 3rd shift whereas I work during the day. I stay at his place when he's off of work, and we meet each other for dinner another night when we both have to work. It can be tricky to spend time together, but we make it work for us.

• We actually live about 6 hours apart. Maybe I should have mentioned that. Is that too far to pursue anything?

• that definitely makes it more difficult. I know for me personally I wouldn't be able to date someone that far away. But I know some people do and it can work for them. It just depends on how strong of a connection you feel, and whether or not you both are willing to put in the effort. If you have the time and the money to make it happen then I'd say go for it. If not, maybe finding someone closer to where you live would be better.

What Guys Said 2

• I would say it's worth meeting with them and seeing if you have the chemistry in real life, give it a try. Have no regrets.

• Make a date. He might live n a nice town and u could start a whole new life that's what happened to me and im glad I did

What Girls Said 2

• Three years ago, a guy on Fb who lives in Egypt, found me on Fb and fell in love with me. We then started a whirl wind romance, which eventually lead to Yahoo and Skype. After spending some time with him and his family, I flew off to the far off land of Cairo, where I stayed with him and his lovely family for 30 days. It went so well, I returned 3 months later, we tied the knot at the Ministry of Justice. Ever since then, when I can, I visit him.
    It's not always easy to Be in a LDR, for it Does take a lot of hard work, patience and effort on both partner's and partie's parts to make this work. My husband and myself have encountered many a problem over these few years, much of it my Fault, and with all of the break ups, breaks, reuniting, laughing, talking, crying and trying to stay loyal and do some compromising (My part I had to work the most on it), we have seemed to make it work. However, with things so very bad out in the Middle East More so lately, for I knew with all of its past toil and trouble, it was very inevitable, I am never sure what is going to happen with us. And getting him over here is something he is really not into doing neither, for our country is going to Hell in a hand basket as well.
    '6 hours' to me Seems like a stone's throw compared to where I had to fly to, even Risking my life to be with him. And if you Both really enjoy one another's company, have this magic chemistry between you, then I think that it Is--------Worth pursuing.
    Good luck. xx

• It's worth a shot. Hopefully, he doesn't have a pic that's 10 years old.