Girls, how much does height matter?

I'm 5'6" which is short for a guy. It appears that the dating pool for a guy like me is a lot smaller. Most women I encounter in the online dating world are looking for like at least 5'11".

Just looking for some feedback from the ladies about what qualities they value in a man and how much height matters.

Most Helpful Girl

• Height isn't that important, especially if you have other things going for you. I value good character, interesting personality, confidence, success, fitness, etc. a lot higher than height.

What Girls Said 13

• If he's smart, fit, conservative and positive, then I don't care if he's short. I've liked short guys before and I liked them A LOT!!!

• No, it doesn't. It's funny because I prefer tall guys, but most guys I've ended up dating could be considered short. Goes to show, height is not the most important thing when looking for a partner. I just need the guy to be taller than me. My boyfriend is 5'8, but that's fine cus I'm really short, 5'2.

• Don't take it personal but height it is very important to me, but not all women are like this, many of them don't even care and think about this... don't worry, you'll find someone to like you...

• I am 5'6 too. I prefer a man taller than me to be honest. But generally it depends how two people click, how they get along well together. So height can be an issue for the begining but later personality matters.

• I've got a knack for tall guy so it does matter for me. He doesn't have to be 6ft tall, but absolutely needs to have at least a few inches over me which isn't asking for much considering I'm only 5'2.

• it doesn't matter a bit to me. i'm ok with
    any height. i'm focused on face and personality.

• As long as he has goals fpr himself and and has hiself together height isn't an issue and it was never been... Since im 5'3 most guys look taller than me lol. Short couples are cute anyways :)

• For me, my height or taller is preferable. :)

• i think the man should be taller :p but that's just because i'm realy small and that isn't realy hard :p

• It doesn't really matter! Embrace your height and be confident, the right girl will come around

• I'm 5'3" myself so that is the minimum for me when it comes to a guy's height/

• It doesn't really matter. At least for me

• It isn't too important to me.

What Guys Said 2

• Women find men who they believe can protect them (in nature at least) so if you are dominant and can offer that protection then its fine! Plus look at Sarkozy the previous French president, he was really short but his wife is gorgeous

• I'm sorry I must have missed your doctorate in historical sociology, Dr Wasteman :d!

• Not really, if you don't know how evolution works then you're an idiot

• I think girls do care about height. 5'10" and below is considered manlet height. 5'11" to 6'1" is the cuttoff for manlet status, but girls these days seem to be just as tall. 6'2" to 6'5" is the height girls usually like. 6'6" and over is giraffe height and way too tall.