How do I get a girlfriend while being short and not so good looking?

Ok so I'm 21 and 5'8" and I have never had a date and dating sites do nothing for me when I try them.

A lot of girls have called me ugly, but many have said that I look cute, but still not in a sexual way. I fear that I just have "one of those faces." This is me: (copy and paste link)
imgur. com/a/ZYGoA

Something went wrong with the link. Try this one:

Imgur. com/a/ZYGoA

Most Helpful Girl

• Checked out your avi and I'm not understanding the ugly part. You're going to have to show confidence, which is a lot easier said then done.

Practice changing your body posture. You don't have to feel confident, just look confident. Keep your shoulders back. Don't cross your arms and legs or hunch over. "Spread out" your body and consciously make an effort for good posture. The saying "fake it till you make it" has some truth behind it. Be confident in short periods of time and slowly build it up. It's like a muscle. It take practice to stretch.

What Girls Said 13

• Trust me, you are average hieght not short. I am 5"0 now. I couldnt get at your link still, but I think you have to care and be interested in conversations and laugh and always be optimistic. And for your looks, I dont know what you look like but maybe try a haircut that frames your face. Trust me, I looked horrible before until I got a haircut, now a lot of people find me attractive.

• Okay I clicked on that link expecting a rough looking guy but DUDE! Why do you think you're not good looking? You look like a tumblr boy! You are very good looking, it will not be hard for you to get a date if you put yourself out there.

Believe me, a few of the shier girls in the world would jump at the chance to date you. The quieter girls. Maybe try speaking to some. You're a cutie, don't even doubt.

• Aww thank you. I really appreciate that. Maybe I'm just not outgoing enough. I honestly like the quieter girls haha :)

• Not a problem! I don't want you to have low self esteem when you're actually really good looking! That's so silly to me! Good luck with your girl searching :)

• You're quiet good looking.
    Look, girls can be judgmental bitches. Most think that if a guy doesn't look like Brad Pitt, then he's ugly
    The right girl who thinks you're gorgeous for you who are, inside and out, will come along. Just hang in there, you'll find her. c:

• First of all, you can ignore the girls that called you weird, ugly because they're not worth it. They're obviously blind and maybe even stupid.
    You're not ugly. Far from it actually.
    You need to have confidence in yourself. And just be like "I am what I am, and attractive as hell is what I am!" Haha or something like that. Because once you believe in yourself, others will be like "oh, he's pretty cute" or something. No one wants someone who is just constantly down on themselves. Trust me, I've learned that the hard way..
    Aha I don't know if this made sense xD
    Hope I helped

• Your somewhat okay but you look a little vulnerable which might be why you get rejected. However that will probably change when you get older.

• Only "somewhat okay"

Hmm this is what I feared. I guess I don't look good after all... Thanks for the honesty.

• Your not short >.< just get a women that is like "5,3" you dont have to be "6,0" to get a date and no one is ugly :D everyone is just different looking

• *High Five for same boat* And you're not ugly. I'm assuming that since you put a photo of yourself on a "rate me" site most of the people there want, "flawless skin, six-pack, perfect teeth, shirtless, awesome hair, etc.." and if it doesn't meet celebrity tier criteria then you're considered ugly. I wouldn't even take it for a grain of salt since those sites are a bloodbath. Also from what I've been told it's all a matter of perception whether or not you're attractive. If you think it and walk with that feeling girl's will pick up on that "sexy vibe" :)

• I can't click the link -sigh-

But girls that call you ugly and all that Jazz are very immature and cannot act their own age and feel like they need to put you down so they can bring themselves up. Personally for me that's not the way to go and if you're feeling that your not good looking how about a new haircut maybe?

• Well I'm not allowed to post working links since I'm not a level 2 yet. However, if you jut copy and paste my link in the update it should work. I was never directly insulted by a girl in real life, but on some other website where you validate each other's looks. I do think I'm in need of a new haircut. I hear shorter on the sides and longer on the top would look decent. Thanks for the response!

• Ohh that rule is kind of dumb. I still think girls insulting someone where ever is dirty... gives us bad names, But you're welcome

• You look pretty cute on your avi so I don't see the ugly part.
    I guess they just have diff taste I guess , probs just ditch online dating sites if that's where the girls saying stuff to you are on and get out and be confident. Confidence goes a long way ! (:

• You're not ugly. You just have to be more confident and outgoing.

• Really? You're not just saying that? Cause like I said a number of girls were rating me really low and calling me ugly. Here's some pictures of me

You're gonna have to copy and paste this

imgur. com/a/M9zq2

I mean I never thought I was ugly and I actually thought I looked pretty good but then they called me ugly and I used to have confidence and was outgoing but it never worked.

• I'm not just saying that. I think you're attractive.

• Get into really good physical shape, be confident, be funny.

• I just started working a rather physical job so I have that going for me. I need that confidence but I've heard I can make people laugh.

• You're not at all ugly so once you're in shape, you'll become more confident off that alone, and I think you'll be fine.

• U look weird maybe if were more simpathy or smile more open up chill talkative u could get a girl:)

• Links won't open for me but I personally won't judge a guy unless either I get to know them first (I'll almost always give them a chance) or if they judge me negatively before they get to know me.

• there is a space between. and com !

• Oh. You don't look bad at all. You look really good.

What Guys Said 7

• You're thinking about it the wrong way. You can get a girl to like you, or make a girl like you, or anything like that, because girls make their own choices, and they don't always choose what you want.

The question to ask is "what can I do to be more attractive to girls?" Gets you out of thinking about that really cute girl who doesn't care if you exist, and lets you move on to see if another girl might like you.

And if a girl thinks you're ugly, she's not someone you need to be concerned with :p She's clearly not interested. Just like some girls have small boobs and lots of guys will not like them, there are going to be girls who don't like the way you look... move on >< You have sympathy...

As far as what to do, the standard advice does help: expand your interests & look for women who will share some of those interests, keep a strong friend network, and in your case, choose a different dating site :p Something that matches up your interests with lots of women is going to be more useful, because trust me, you're not going tob e "weird and/or ugly" to all of them. And different sites attract different groups of ppl, so maybe you're on the wrong one...

I suspect there are going to be other helpful answers here, too :)

Good luck, hang in there!

• CONFIDENCE!! You have to 1. be confident in who you are 2. relax and be yourself 3. know that at the end of the day it only should matter who you think of yourself 4. just be confident dude. You can honestly ignore 2-4 and just focus on number 1. Them "a lot of girls..." don't matter, just remember that whenever asking out a girl the worst she can say is "no".

• You gotta learn how to tap-dance.

If that's not your thing go with Macklin91

• If you'r rich every girl will 'love' you

• Yeah not really though. I mean it's not love its... it would be "fake" love but hey to some people thats enough I guess

• And since it is real love, there is more of a chance of heart break where you catch your "lover" sucking your best friend's dick ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I know.. but usually guys are stupid enough to believe in some girls

• get elevator lifts for your shoes to make you taller.

• Wear your values and interests like a crown.

That will get the attention you want.

• Sorry dude, I'm afraid you're gonna have to look like this guy if you want all girls to be attracted to you sexually. and want you real bad. No, you don't look like him. Too bad.
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...37385368_1268959005_n.jpg
    i.huffpost.com/.../o-OMAR-BORKAN-AL-GALA-570.jpg?6
    freethoughtblogs.com/.../omar.jpg
    d.ibtimes.co.uk/.../omar-borkan-al-gala.jpg