Do you have "one who got away?"?

Do you have someone in your past that you would consider "the one who got away?" What happened to them? Do you still talk to them? Do you compare the people you date to them still?

Just curious if everyone feels like that about someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think this because if they got away they were probably not worth catching. No point in dwelling on it. Sure there were some that were probably 'what could've beens' but I'll never know. Who knows I might be one that got away too for some. The thing is now, I have the one I wanted so none of them matter in the least to me now.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes very recently actually. A had a huge crush on this "freshman"in my school band. He was VERY talented (He could dance, sing, and play the piano). He was sooo friendly. He was so perfect in my eyes. His perfection intimidated me because I'm too shy. He held a conversation with me a week before graduation for seniors.
    Later that week, I found out he wasn't actually a freshman. He was graduating! He looks young! fml. he's going into the marines. I'll never see him again.:((I felt that it was wayy too early to let him know that I liked him.. but not its wayy too late.

• Um I guess so, a guy who I liked my freshman year in high school. I later found out after we graduated, like a month or so that he was my best friend in kindergarten. I totally forgot since I moved to another state and quickly forgot, he didn't and remember me AFTER we graduated. I told him I had a crush on him and he later said he had a crush on me too but never told me. We were getting to know each other more but it was too late for me, he was getting back into a broken relationship... and now is married with that girl... so that sucked.

• That really sucks. I would've been SO sad. It kinda sounded like you two were meant for each other.

• Yea and you never know. Maybe you're his,"The One Who Got Away,"now. And that's great that you have a strong pride.

• True, but fate only knows if we'll see each other if not I'll just see what life brings me. :)

• Yeah, in 10th grade there was this transfer student who was from Ethiopia and he was seriously perfect for me in every way. We got really close but seeing as he was really smart an had already graduated high school in his country, he was a senior at 16 and going off to college. We don't exactly talk anymore.

• What if I have one that... ran away? hahaha :) I kid.

• Well i was dating a guy last time and he moved to England so we had to break up, i guess he got away haha :") but we're really food friends still tho, we talk a lot still :)
    and narh i dont compare people i date to others :)

• Yep an from time to time I cry about him.
    I was too shy to talk to him in school.
    He has since moved to California.
    I live back east. I did see him check out my linkedin profile.
    Is their still a chance?

• Yeah, there's a chance. Not so much for me - mine's married.

• No, but i have a lot of 'hmm... i wonder why i ever had to meet him.'

What Guys Said 4

• I suppose one or two crushes, but other than that, not really. Most of them really wouldn't have been my type and in hindsight, would have been emotionally draining, but there's one or two that I would have liked to have been gutsier about asking out (these were in high school).

Those that I dated, I don't regret the breakups, I'm better off without them, and am much happier.

• I don't really have a "one who got away" in the sense that I'd still want to pursue her. But I do kinda regret not having gone for it in that moment.

Basically, I regret that I have regret about it. :-P

• Yes and to this day it still haunts me. :'(

• I believe it's "the one that got away" and No, I am under 18, not too many heartbreaks which is good. Plenty to come though, probably.

• Lol... "probably." No, definitely! :)

• Yes. But if there's no relationships there's no heartbreak (well in the sense of relationships) and im a weird person who'll probably always be a loner,

• I meant definitely as in you'll have enough opportunities in the future to get your heartbroken. You're still young.