What does it mean when a guy asks you to take a personality test and political compass test during a date?

We've gone on one other date, but this time we both did an MBTI personality test and a political compass test on his laptop while we were hanging out together before going to the theater. It was kind of interesting to do but I'm not sure if he did it just for fun or if there was something more behind why he did that.

Also, if any of you know more about that Myers-Briggs test results could you tell me if this is good? We both got something in the area of "gun toting liberal" from the second test, but the mbti one he got istp and I got estj.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's weird. Did you also meet his mother?

What Guys Said 5

• Wow, he has quite the scientific way of weeding out potential dates lol I guess from doing the test he can tell if you are his type. Maybe with this guy if you make it to date #2 you get the psychology test.

Wonder what date #3 has in store?

• Lol.. date #3 is an IQ test.

• Probably a blood test to see if they are compatible in case one suffers from organ failure or needs a transplant/transfusion of some sort in the future.

• Lol, haha or a blood test to make sure everyone is healthy so that he can proceed with a plan to have sex after he administers the sexual compatibility test :)

• Ok, I'm assuming this is Jess.

Call me if you want a longer explanation, but I'm not all that great socially and that was the best way I could think of in order to let me see how we would work out in a long term relationship.

And yeah, ESTJ and ISTP is supposed to be pretty good according to what I looked up after we went to see Sex Tape.

P. S. If this isn't Jess than you can ignore this.

• It means he's looking for a relationship and he wants to know if you two are compatible. It's a good thing. He sounds like a very smart person.

• Sounds like he wanted a quick way to see how similar/compatible your views are.

The Myers-Briggs is mostly bunkum, I wouldn't read too much of anything into it.

• It means he's really weird. Nobody does tests on a date. If they were, they're gonna use it to evaluate you and use it against you someday.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah that seems way too specific not to be deliberate. I guess you passed? Lol

• That's just weird. I've never heard of normal people having their dates take political compass tests. Personality tests, sure, but not political compass tests.

• Yeah, I thought it was strange too. The personality test was kind of fun, but I don't get why he didn't just ask me what my political views are.

• Anyway it's not important I guess, I just have a habit of being exact about terms

• haha You're right, it isn't important :P

• Lmao, he is awesome. I'm gonna do that! haha