My friend has me going on a double date, never been on one before, any tips?

My friend invited me to the cinema and is only now telling me that its a double date. this will be my first time on a date so I'm pretty nervous. I'm really shy around girls and have no idea what to talk about and I'm scared I'll just talk to my friend. Do you have any tips?

I'm 17 by the way

Most Helpful Girl

• Be you! ( most important thing haha) and like Julie said you prob won't be talking much during the movie unless it's something super duper interesting that happens and you a comment about it ( does that make sense lol ). Try starting up a causal conversation while your waiting for the movie to start so ask questions!! And listen to what she has to say ( goodness those commercials take a while so might as well ). ohhhh almost forgot be confident !!! Don't worry about what she's going to think because chances are she might be a tad but nervousness as well ( maybe a lot nervousness haha). just go with the flow :) things should turn out just fine

What Girls Said 4

• Well since you're going to the movies, you won't really need to talk much for the first part of the date XD before the film starts just ask her how her days been going or something, just small talk. After the cinema you'll probably get something to eat, right? Then you can talk about the movie first, and maybe go to what other movies she likes or something and BAAHM, there's a conversation XD Or just kinda go with the flow, but I dont think thats a very helpful advice XD

• Just be yourself as well as open minded! If you are shy or nervous when you meet the girl shell be able to pick that up from you, not a good look either

• Just relax, be yourself and try to start a conversation going

• Ask her questions about herself

What Guys Said 1

• Talk to the girl. People generally like talking about themselves. So ask her questions about school/work/family/hobbies, etc.