Do you want to get married?

Do you want to get married? But question really is would you expect someone to marry you with your flaws and only having 70 percent of the stuff they wanted in a mate and you are in love with them and want to marry them? It seems like most people will not marry a person unless they have 90 to 100 percent of the stuff they want in a mate. If you was in love with a person, they had a 100 percent of what YOU wanted but you only had 70 percent of what they wanted, would you expect them to ACCEPT YOU and still marry you or DON'T ACCEPT YOU and not marry you? Please answer "marry me" or "don't marry me" and explain why you gave that answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all you marry for love and nothing more in my opinion. You should not care what they have or don't have, build a life together and acquire the things you both want. You can have a list of all the things you want and there is no chemistry so what good was your list?

What Girls Said 22

• I don't want to get married. But 70% seems like a bad percentage in compatibility. It's like barely making the bar to spend the rest of your life with someone. Also considering that people change significantly every decade of their life, that 70% will probably go down to 30% after 5+years of marriage.

I wouldn't expect or WANT anyone to settle for me. in my opinion I either have it or I don't, you either have it or you don't. There are certain relationship dynamics that need certain characteristics from both parties in order to function. Forcing pieces to work, when they don't quite fit, does not make the puzzle complete.

• I would love to if I ever meet the right man, but for now I guess it will stay as a 'dream'. It might not be for everyone but I guess we're all conditioned to believe it makes us more of a person to be in a partnership, to come as a couple rather than an individual. If I never get married I have my twin sister and you know... spending my life with her is nothing short of a great alternative. Nobody knows, understands or loves me better than her :)

• If she gets married. It won't be the same for you.

• Aww thank you SP! :) If there's room for a little one at your place, I would LOVE to <3

• I'll make room if necessary. :)

• I honestly don't know if I want to get married. I'm not really the traditional girl that always had her wedding planned out from basically the day she was born. I love kids but I don't really know if I want those either. I'm not asking anyone to marry me if I'm not what they want because if they don't want me for who I am then they don't want me. Also I won't settle for less than what I want. I don't expect the guy I'd marry to be 100% perfect or even close to it. Why? Because perfection is unreal and overrated. When I marry someone I will love them flaws and all.

• Personally, I think marriage is overrated. Nowadays people don't understand the value of marriage and I feel like a lot of people do it, because society tells us we have to. We have to have a perfect husband, a good career, a big house in a nice neighborhood, three kids, a dog, and a white picket fence. I personally don't see myself getting married, it's not a definite no, but love to me doesn't equal a peice of paper and a ring. Nor the overly priced wedding. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to marry them ASAP. And no, never give up on love. I think that's the worst mistake a lot of people make.

• See that's interesting. I've only ever thought of marriage as an event and a legal document, in-case we ever wanted to invite a bunch of guests and celebrate our relationship

• I see you point

• 70% is plenty for me. I love having stuff in common, but I also love having stuff I can do by myself or with friends. Each girl has their own standard, some pickier than others, but it depends on what you can put up with too. If a girl doesn't want to accept you at 70% compatibility, than her loss. There are plenty of girls looking for just that.

• Don't generalize just because of one bad experience. It didn't work out. So what?

You will cry forever like that? You are judging everybody just based on one girl. Is it fair? You have developed intimacy problem. This is why you wanna end relationship when it gets serious. Is this fair to all these people you meet?

Why are you so afraid getting hurt? Love is beautiful, and there is some pain inside, true. But nothing beautiful is easy.

To be honest I am afraid a little bit too. I got hurt too. But I love being in love so it is worth it.

• Good point

• Keep trying. Nobody said it is easy:)

• Another good point

• Yes, but only when I feel we both will REALLY feel like getting married. Not just for the sake of it, I wouldn't be upset if we were dating for a LONG time and not married or Engaged but he better take it as serious as I will. BUT it doesn't mean we lose how we are individually, we will be 2 individuals who love each other and want to be together forever! I HOPE! Love has to be worked on everyday married or not, with a spouse or with any other family member. Love is love and shouldn't be forgotten, days will be hard but everyone needs to recognize and appreciate all the love we all do for each other :)

• Thanks for the comment

• Yes I want to be a mother and I want to enjoy the company of a religious, confident and intelligent guy.

• Thanks for your comment

• I'm worried that you have this list of things you need from the person you're potentially going to marry. I'm engaged to my boyfriend and if I had to write a list of all the ideal things to have in a partner he wouldn't match up to quite a few, but when you fall in love those discrepancies between your ideal and the reality don't matter at all. All you need is for them to keep being themselves.

• In my case. I'm the one who is in love with my ex and she has 100 percent of what I want and she says she is in love with me but I have 70 percent of what she wants and it isn't enough for her. So instead of getting married like i wanted she dumped me. She tried to change me at first and I tried to change for her but I still didn't meet her expectations. She wanted me to accept her for her, which I did but she couldn't except me for me
      .
      Everyone wants to be accepted and some expect people to accept them for there personal reasons but when it comes to accepting others, it is a double standard.

• well if she couldn't accept you as you are then I'm afraid to say it just wasn't meant to be. I think the best thing to do is to try and move on and get over her.

• I don't even want to marry anyone in the first place, so any percentages don't matter to me lol.

• Yeah I want to get married someday. I've never been in love or been hurt but I would like to find someone whom I can fall in love with

• A lifelong commitment to someone doesn't sound delightful to me.

• I more so don't want to get married.

• I definitely wanna get married. I wouldn't expect them to marry me if they didn't want to.

• Yes, I am getting married

• I don't like the idea of being legally tied to one person for the rest of my life.

• Not really unless he's my dream guy

• One of my ex is like that and she gets that stuff from tv and books. She is 50, has never been married and will probably be single for the rest of her life because her expectations are too high for a man in reality to fulfill. Guys have came close but since there not 100 percent of what she wants, she dumps them. She wanted children but she missed thst chance years ago. I told her to make sure she wasn't trying to have a fairly tale husband and she cussed me out while saying there are no good men. Her female friends told her she had good men but she past them all up. Please make sure you don't end up like her.

• I want to get married, yet it terrifies me.

• Yes. I want to find love

• If I find someone I'd want to be married to, yeah. I won't just marry for the sake of it though.

• Nope. Not even a little. I don't want to date let alone marry.
    ugh.

What Guys Said 9

• Well I'm only 17 now lol but I don't think I'll marry until my late 20's or not at all, when we're young I guess we don't pay much attention or care about marriage, but when we get old we need company, I know a 70 years old man next door who lives alone, and when I talked to him the second thing he said after "hi" was "Don't waste your life my boy, find a nice and sweet loving woman and stay with her forever." I guess the old man knows his thing. And living lonely sucks especially at the age of 70.

• Maybe... maybe not. But this picture scares me :/
    thefunnyday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/14.png

• i want to get married, i think its a very important if you find your love and you want to spend the rest of your life with her or him :)

• I don't think I do, no.

• I've been hurt a lot with Love. I'd keep going.

• I see

• Never know when I'll find the right one. Over 10 heartbreak's, 2 were major cause I truly meant it.

• Yes I want to get married! Just haven't been able to find the right girl yet :/

• I came close, but she left me while I was in the service deployed overseas.

• no. marriage is pointless

• This is all just so sudden... I don't even know you!