Why don't guys date heavier (Fat) girls?

In today 's society you're suppose to look a certain way. Big boobs , round ass , and a slim waist. Unfortunately everyone wasn't blessed to have that body type. In fact, many females these days are slightly overweight ! And guess what? They're single ! Why is that? Why is that guys are only attracted to.. "The ideal " woman? Whats wrong with big girls? Im dying to know !!

I'm not talking about myself , I'm 150 & 5'2" ! Just in general..😁

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys (who are adults) don't mind and actually prefer a girl who is a LITTLE overweight, like 5-10lbs and no more. The little bit of roundness on their bellies is cute. However, an obese or very overweight girl is not attractive. Looks aside, all of that extra weight shows she is lazy and can't handle not eating too much or eating unhealthy. Would you date a guy that was lazy and couldn't take care of himself? See the issue here.

Now, for those few assholes that expect every girl to look like a tennis player, they should be scorned for being that dickish.

What Guys Said 16

• Nothing is wrong with heavier people. My gf is 140 lbs and 4'10" (use to be 200lbs). I don't care what her weight is as long as she is happy and healthy. Both our families have a history of cardiovascular problems. We will workout together and improve diets together if weight start to affect health.

• Usually fat girls are lazy, higher risk for potential health problems later on, can't always carry her, any beauty she might have is hidden under the fat, will probably eat you out of house and home, I probably could go on...

You are somewhat confusing, the real question is, why would we be attracted to an "Un-Ideal" girl?

I mean if a fat girl is all we can get, then I guess that's what we get, but usually us guys tend to strive for more...

• Because overweight people are generally not as attractive as their thin counterparts. Why would people want to date those who are unattractive?

• I find skinny (underweight) girls unattractive
    i like my girls to have some weight on them
    some ass and some boobs

• Are you sure? I went to a nightclub last night and there were plenty of big women there with guys.

• There is nothing remotely attractive about being fat. Being fat shows you don't take care of yourself, and it's also aesthetically displeasing.

And what's wrong with wanting the ideal body? There are plenty of girls with attractive bodies, so why go for a fat girl when you can go for a fit girl?

• This is a very controversial question...

One could argue why girls don't go for boys that are shorter than them, or don't have defined muscles, or are overweight.
    Saying that guys have a problem not going to girls who are overweight would be insensitive in this case, this its a two-way street.
    But overall, its probably our underlying natural selection, notice how most guys don't go for girls who are too Skinny or Fat. Same goes for girls looking for guys.

I doubt media on the sexes has a big role in this despite popular belief.

• I don't mind a bit extra, but straight out fat doesn't attract me, and no one can really answer "why"

I just know when I see someone whos straight out fat naked in front of me, I don't get a raging boner haha.

• That can't be entirely true. I sadly dont live in an area with a lot of round women, so I dont know this first hand at a greater extent, but the ones I do know don't distinguish themselves as being single. So I call bs

• How fat we talking? Obese or a few shades under that?

• same reason why women dont date shorter men

• The only difference is that as a heavy woman, you can change your situation with diet and exercise. But woe to the guy who short, for he cannot change his situation

• They get married and have relationships. 😐☺

• There more real and way way way less conceeded than a skinny girl. And very much more datable. A skinny girl really thibks she's the shit and just doesn't take things seriously cause she kno she csn habe sum other fool n 5 mins only to have the same break up. There stupid and conceeded mostly

• For me, I like a girl who takes care of her body for health reasons. It's clear if they don't do that and it's just unattractive that they don't care enough to work at it. I'm not saying all overweight women because some just have that sort of body type but I mean obese women where they clearly don't even try

• Because (Fat) girls aren't sexy. They obviously don't care to at least go to the gym and workout. They just eat and eat and eat. Forget it.

• Have you ever seen or for that matter HEARD of a Plus Sized model?😒

• I have, and for some men they're considered sexy. I guess everyone has their preferences.

• by 'guys', you mean 'alpha guys'. plenty of average and less-than average guys date fat girls

• sorry but if you want the best, you've got to be pretty special yourself

• the truth ain't popular on this site. besides if your fat, you might wanna worry about your health first and boys second

• heart break ain't nothing compared to a heart attack

What Girls Said 12

• I've seen lots of heavier, thickset women with boyfriends and families :) I can imagine they have beautiful personalities to make up for anything that isn't 'ideal' and a lot of men prefer slightly heavier women. Also there is a fine line between a healthy weight and 'overweight', some overweight women can carry it very well :)

However, we can all choose to be a bit healthier and fitter. Being overweight isn't a body type it's a choice and men (like women) ideally like their partner to take a little pride in their health and appearance. I'm very lean and toned and I'm sure some men wouldn't prefer that, some men would much rather the heavier body type :) Thankfully everyone has preferences so we all get some love!

• If you want to be thin - eat from a 5 inch bowl 4 times a day - you can't be overweight on that diet unless you have an extremely slow metabolism. I knew a girl who had thyroid issues that were supposed to make you obese and yet she wore a size 4. Mind over matter.

• My friend who is "heavier" than me has had more boyfriends than all of the girls in our group together lol She knows how to work her magic with these guys and it's guys from different ethnicities, different ages like in their 20s though and with different personalities. I don't know how she does it but she's good at getting guys. Maybe these guys that diss or don't think of dating bigger girls are intimidated, turned off, or simply not interested. The "bigger girls" are still girls not ALIENS for goodness sake, everyone deserves a chance man.

• Not to down talk my gender... but its a common tactic to please the fat friend to get closer to her skinny friend, and usually since the heavier run tries harder and is more bold or daring, we unfortunately fall for it.

• Well all the guys she's dated I've never know or have talked to. I know what you mean though, she already has a baby too.

• If you're not blessed with good genes, you work. Men can't change what attracts them. What kind of question is this?

That would be like asking: Why do some colleges reject D students? Not all of us were blessed with genius brains.

Gee I don't know. =/

• the top guys (best looking, richest, popular, local celebs) aren't gonna date fat girls when they can have a sexy one. the ideal woman looks the best but a fat girl can get a date if she lowers her standads a bit.. u can't be too shallow when ur fat

• Sometimes they do it just depends on what they like I know a small little 25 year old who is like 120 who is dating an almost 250 pound girl and they are happily in love its just preference. :) I weigh 120 and I'm an aerialest

• It's not like it's impossible to lose weight. Most are just lazy. They CAN help the way they look while ugly and short people can't.

• You don't have to be a skinny hourglass- guys of course love that and talk about it but they like the female shape in general. Not liking fat people sexually isn't a result of our society- its in our genes to desire healthy people sexually so that we can make healthy babies.

150 and 5"2 is heavy. Don't blame guys for not wanting that.

• True.. I'm heavy. But my stomach doesn't hang , and I'm pretty healthy ! Size doesn't matter.. I'd like to think that my personality makes up for it.

P. S : And last time I checked , I'm "pulling" from BOTH sides (:

• Size does matter? Wasn't your question why guys don't like heavier girls as much?
      Even so you'll get guys, you're pretty, and in this day and age, 1/3 of people are obese so we don't have standards on weight Like we used to

• I can think of one married woman in particular who I know that is very overweight... She always dresses in flattering clothes and wears nice make-up, and is happy with a beautiful smile, and she is married to a nice handsome man who is just the right size. She also gets hit on by strangers sometimes.

• Because fat girl are "gross"

• They're unattractive. I'll be honest with you, I was blessed with the skinny genes and I'm grateful for it everyday.

• So are you saying any woman that is not stick thin is single? I see an awful lot of heavy set gals married with kids, never mind simply dating.