Ever felt like the person you were with deserved better?

Have you ever meet someone so amazing that you felt as if they deserved much better than you? You felt as if they were so great that you weren't as good for them and that they should be with someone who could make them happier? If so what did you do? As if your flaws make you seem undeserving of said person/?

Most Helpful Girl

• "You deserve better" is just a lame excuse for someone lazy not wanting to put in the work to maintain a happy and healthy relationship.

• Ok lets say the reason is fair and reasonable. For example. he was mentally ill and borderline insane what then?

• I see thank you so much!

• Thanks for mh!

What Girls Said 6

• I went through a period like that for about 4ish months in my last relationship after some drama. The truth was much closer to the opposite.

• I didn't like him that much but he was super sweet and caring and actually wanted to talk to me when I didn't want to talk to him. He was nice and cool and deserved more than I was giving

• The times I feel like this is when I get all bossy and demanding with my boyfriend. 99% of the time there is no reason for me to act that way since he does everything to keep me happy. He definitely deserves better than that.

• Well, every person I fall for I think is perfect, so if they show signs of thinking any less than that of me then yeah

• Oh definitely. Like... idk. I'm a bitch. Most people I know deserve better than me.

• I did, and I told him. He tried to explain that I was too good for him and not the other way around. It was really sad, in the end he broke up with me telling me I really wasn't good enough for him. :/

• I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope you find someone better and thinks you're deserving/good enough for him. :)

What Guys Said 4

• I personally have never felt this way, but my girlfriend tells me this all the time which is disheartening. She's got an eating disorder and always tells me that I don't deserve to put up with her "baggage." But the thing is, when you love someone you don't leave them because they're "broken." I want to help her through her issues, not leave her because of them. That's how relationships work. You lift each other up when weak.

• But what if my recently ex bf says to me that I deserve better, someone who can make me happy more than he can do?

I always assure and let him know, I am happy with him and he makes me happy but I never expected that one day he broke up with me. :(

What do you think about this situation?

• If he's totally convinced that you're too good for him, then there's nothing that you can do except for tell him that you love him unconditionally and that you won't let him push you away. Sometimes when people push others away it's because they want to see if they'll come back to them.

• Yep. It's called low-self-esteem. Been through that and it ended.

• Other way around for me.

• When I had low self-esteem and a lot of self-doubt, yes. But not since I put in some work on myself and did some good old fashioned self-improvement.