How long should I wait to make a move after she broke up with her BF?

So I like this girl I work with and she is 18 im 20. She is a senior in highschool and I'm going into my second year of college but she is more mature than me. We flirted when she was with this other guys but I don't want to make a move to soon.

Another issue is I don't want to get shot by a coworker cause that would make things akward.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should let her know you like her as soon as possible. You don't have to date her if she isn't ready for that - but let her know your intentions - before somebody else does. Maybe make a comment like - I can't imagine how any guy could stand to lose a girl like you etc...

• I hinted at that. Before I liked her I got a text from a girl that lead me on and I said great now I have to text her back again and she said don't do it I hate seeing people get hurt. Then she told me her then ex dumped her and I told her that I couldn't think of a reason any guy would hurt you. That's when flirting picked up.

• The last time I let a girl know I liked her things turned out terribly and I am still hurting from it 3 months later. I don't want to tell her I want to show her but asking her out would be really rude after a breakup. I don't think telling a girl you like her has ever worked for a guy girls say its a good thing to do but I've been used and lead on each time. Any other ideas to not say it directly but have her get the point?

• Maybe spend extra time with her after her break up.

What Girls Said 4

• If she flirted with you maybe she had it in her mind she would have rather have been with you instead. She's probably waiting for you to step in and at least show interest. If she's not carrying on about her ex boyfriend then it's likely she is very ready now.

• Well she was and I talked to her about it. Then we flirted and now we talk a lot at work. He tried to get her back to but she rejected him.

• She's prob waiting on you to make the first move. But if they just broke up you might want to wait a few weeks because you don't want to be the person to help her get over her ex.

• I know that's what I'm thinking she might be able to tell I like her I haven't told her though.

• I would wait to tell her if I were you. Just a few weeks to make sure that she is over him. She might say she is but chances are she still checks up on his social media pages. Lol

• Wait until she confesses her feelings first and play kinda hard to get so you're not rebound

• See the only signs I have are she tilts her head and waves at me and smiles around me. I make jokes and she laughs when they really aren't that funny. We talk and tease each other. Its weird like she's not shy around me she's comfortable. She may not admit it if she even does like me at all.

• At least 3 months. Otherwise you might end up being the rebound

What Guys Said 1

• why wait? she probably is looking for somebody to fill the hole her ex bf left her with (pun intended)

• No she needs space and I don't want to do that to her.