Just started dating an identical twin and I can't tell her sister apart from her?

My recently new girlfriend has an identical twin and when they are together I can't even tell them apart. Their looks and even personalities are exactly the same. Luckily they don't wear the same outfit when they are together so its easy to tell them apart that way. But if they switched clothes while I wasn't looking I probably would not realize that it wasn't my gf in those clothes.

I doubt that they would actually do that but its weird knowing that I can't tell them apart. Any ideas on how to tell identical twins apart from each other?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) I was about to say get her a necklace before I read the other comments (so you should do that: a locket or something. Tell her she should always wear it so you'll be with her or something cheesy). Do they do their nails the same?
    2) Maybe notice how their nails are different? If they do them the same, maybe treat your girlfriend to a manicure. It won't last long, but you'll know who is who for a week?
    3) Also, maybe look at their hair. Do they cut it and style it the same way? Since their hair might be slightly different, try to figure out who has shorter/longer hair. If there is a difference in style/cut. Maybe one has layers, grown out bangs? Perhaps one parts it a certain way every time?
    4) Look for moles and freckles on their faces/ neck / arms and try to identify. It might be hard to figure out since they might have similar freckles, but if you can memorize the exact location of some freckles that might help?
    5) Are there any minor scars?
    6) Is one slightly heavier than the other?
    7) I don't know how intense you are, but maybe give your girlfriend a hickey on the neck before you're with her sister?

What Girls Said 10

• That's a tough one lol. Would your girlfriend be willing to dye or cut her hair differently to her sister? I think over time you will start noticing little differences especially the more you get to know her.

• Time to whip out the branding iron.

Seriously, though, I've know a few sets identical of twins and after you've known them long enough, you start seeing the differences.

• Make one of them get a tattoo on their forehead lmao.

But the necklace idea is cool :)

• You will find subtle differences in time. Don't worry.

• Also give her something like a necklace or whatever, something she would wear all the time, but it has to have meaning otherwise it could be really awkward if he sister borrowed it.

• Over time, you'll pick up on their differences.

• itll get better in time :)

• Look for a birth mark or another noticeable mark on your girlfriend that her sister doesn't have.

• if you hang out with twins long enough you start to notice the difference.
    between most sets of twins one will have a slightly rounder face and the other a slightly longer/thinner face. its subtle but its there. like others said, pay attention to birthmarks. and no matter how similar twins are in personality there are still differences in there somewhere.

• Give your girl a necklace or something so you know it's her when she's wearing it

• Give your girlfriend jewelry such as a necklace so you can tell which one is which

What Guys Said 5

• You definitely need to figure out a way to tell them apart, and which one it is if you run into one of them. Is their hair the exact same length? Color? Are their body types really identical or is there something identifiable? Does one of them have a freckle or birthmark you can tell by? Do they have the same piercings?

You need to know the difference before your girlfriend gets a hint you can't tell, because that could lead to them testing you (and you getting in trouble) or your girlfriend just being offended.

If push comes to shove, maybe you can just ask her in a cute, flirty way sometime when you're out how you're supposed to know you're not actually out with her sister. You can bet they know the differences between them so she may cue you in.

• Touch one inappropriately and if she freaks out, it's not your girlfriend.

• Find a marker... you know where I'm going.

• Get a tattoo together!

• ask for a 3 way