What are the chances of a long-term relationship with a guy 20-30 years old?

I'm 49 soon. If a young guy wants to date me, is it only because of sex? or is there a tiny little possibility that he might actually like me, and want to have a relationship, perhaps even marriage? am i being unrealistic like my daughter says?

I look around 10-15 years younger than my age

Most Helpful Guy

• So, he is 20 years younger than you, at the least?

Well, sure, you might look 10-15 years younger than your age, but that is gonna catch up with you. If you're trying to think long term... lets fast forward 15 years. This 20 something is now late 30 something and you are 65. You are going to want to slow down at that point, but he will still be leading life full speed. That just isn't going to work.

Maybe he has deluded himself into thinking this could go long term, you also clearly have, but this just doesn't seem realistic in the slightest.

What Guys Said 5

• of course there is a chance that he is really into you. you just have to go about it the way you'd go about most relationships but really considering what he seems to be looking for. I mean just like a guy who is your age may seem more relationship or sex oriented the same is for younger guys. Hopefully with your experience you can sort of glean out his intentions early

• It would take a unique individual to get involved with someone your age and want to stay in it for the long term. It's entirely possible, but improbable. He'd have to never want children and be indifferent to sex. Yes, you might be active for some time, but within the next 10-15 years, despite current outward appearances, you will begin to age rapidly.

I say unique individual because he would have to be acutely aware of this and still not care.

• Don't listen to your daughter, most kids are increasingly stupid nowadays, don't care if I just insulted myself. Put up with the man and stop asking whether he likes the sex or not, he's into you and he could have chosen otherwise, that should be sufficient enough that whatever you're doing is working. The moment you start hesitating and contemplating about why he's with you, he'll start doing the same.

• Slim to none. You're already out for the men that want children. Plus men have a tendency to go for younger women (and vice versa). It is not impossible, but you need to approach this realistically.

• Of course there's a chance he does actually like you. It's like any other guy. The way to find out is to date him a bit and suss him out.

What Girls Said 1

• Chances are slim to none that you'll spend the rest of your lives with each other. I date a lot of older men all the time and when we get close they usually feel the need to "let me go" because they're going to get older and they don't want to be a burden to me.