Should I be upset if he doesn't wish me happy birthday?

My "boyfriend" and I are on a break for about two weeks. I put the "" because he is not actually my boyfriend. We have been seeing each other romantically for two years with out the title of boyfriend girlfriend. We were having a lot of problems so we decided to take a break. The break falls on my birthday. Should I be mad/upset if he doesn't wish me happy birthday?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are boyfriend girlfriend, you just don't want to admit it... and yes, I would think it would be insulting if he didn't, boyfriend or not, he's still at least your friend

• By the way "on a break", is the death sentence to a relationship

• thanks and i know :(

What Guys Said 3

• People try and use it against you. It's a power game in effect. Just ignore the fact they don't say it. Really who wants to be reminded they're a year older after a certain point anyway :P

• Hell yes! You should be upset.

• Ok first thing first, u are BF and GF, u just don't take the title, lol... second, I think u should be, cause u have been seeing each other for two years, at least you guys are friend,... I suggest u text him first, see y he didn't wish a happy B-Day, before u get upset lol
    PS: Happy belated Birtbday

What Girls Said 1

• No you shouldn't be upset you aren't with him.