Met a girl onlinee today. She seems into me. We have a ton in common, but not physically attrcted. What to do?

I saw her picture. It really kills me to not be physically attracted to her. If I had magical powers, I would snap my fingers just to make myself at least somewhat physically attracted to her, but I can't. We have so much in common and like I said, she seems into me. I don't want to lead her on anymore than I already have.

What should I do? Should I tell her this, that I only see her as a friend? If so, how without hurting her feelings? Or should I just keep my mouth shut and keep talking to her like normal?

Should I just allow myself to get friendzoned naturally by not making any moves?

Most Helpful Girl

• If i was that girl i would want to be naturally friend zoned like you mentioned rather than being told you are bot interested because that seems a bit harsh. I think time and some distance would help with separating from her so she doesn't think you are leading her on

Most Helpful Guy

• How do you know if she is attracted to you?

If she asks or strongly suggests going out on a date, then you tell her you only see her as a friend. If she asks why you only see her as a friend, then be as tactful as possible. Allow her some space to move on.

By the way, finding a way to reject a person without hurting them (at least a little) is like searching for El Dorado. It doesn't exist. Therefore one can only hope to do it the least painful way, which I believe is to do it quickly and decisively.

What Girls Said 9

• Naturally friend zoned is best, but how often does that happen before they confess? I've been in a similar situation many times. My sympathies.

• Just don't make any moves and don't come off in any sort of flirtatious or interested way. The only way for a relationship to develop into something more is for both people to agree in its advancement.

• Honestly, it wouldn't be leading her on if you only talk to her, but if it was flirting then that another situation...

• The thing is that we only talk, but I can see that we are already starting to care for each other and really empathize with each other about our lives so the nature of our conversation is quite personal.

• Isn't that how friends talk to each other. They confined in each in a personal level and they would always be there with you. Its normal, guys and girls can be just friends.

• I meant there for you not with you lol

• Yeah, just tell her you see her as a friend only. Save her the trouble of constantly wondering how you see her. That way she can find someone who is attracted to her.

• You met her online? And today? Just stop talking to her. Lol, easy. In just ONE day she can't be too attached.

• But I would still like to keep talking to her. Just platonic.

• That'll be hard... you'll be playing with her emotions if she likes you. Especially if it's online she can be getting the wrong messages from you (like reading too much into something that you meant to be platonic). If you really want to keep talking to her make it clear that you're just friends, even mention another girl you like or is dating.

• decrease your frequency of talking to her. once per 3 days, once per week, once per two weeks, once per month, and she will get your hint. Straight up telling her is not that easy I know.

• Just call her Dude or mention having a girlfriend even if don't

• Just try to be tactful when you tell her.

• avoid her then

What Guys Said 0