Is asking this girl out by text acceptable?

I'm 21. I prefer to ask girls out in person. I have wanted to ask this girl out for a while, but the only situations we see each other are parties. I've only seen her at two in the last month and she was pretty drunk both times and I wasn't so I didn't want to do it then. I have her number because she sent me a picture of us once when we were both drunk. So long story short, we don't text, we see each other once in a while, and I would like to ask her out. I don't know her all that well, and don't know whether or not she's into me. I'm not scared of being denied, but I want to make sure I'm not dooming myself from the start by doing it over a text given the circumstances.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just do it over text!! If she really wants to go on a date with you if won't matter that it was asked over text! Don't think about being rejected!!

What Girls Said 10

• Doing it over text might be easier for you to do, because if you do get rejected, it's a lot less awkward. You do prefer doing it in person, so I'd try to find an opportunity to do that first. Any other places you could find her except parties?

Otherwise, text/call/... whatever YOU feel most comfortable with :)

• She would be a lot more flattered if you called her or asked her in person, at least I would be :). Calling her shows interest because texts are so easy and don't take much thought or time. Good luck!

• It's not horrible in person is best but you explained that it's a little difficult.

• It doesn't really matter to me.

• at least call her if you can't run into her. dont text

• I totally agree it's better to call, but I tried that once with a girl I didn't know very well and she just didn't pick up. I left a message asking her to give me a call back when she could. She never did. Like a year later, her friend told me she saw my call, didn't pick it up because she was scared and kind of uncomfortable about a phone call, but she liked me. She said if I just texted her, she would have gone out with me. She has a boyfriend now, so I haven't been able to pursue that again, but even though I don't like it, I came to the conclusion a phone call might be too old fashioned for some girls.

• But then again... do as you please. A relationship has to start somewhere. Since you're from a texting generation, sure, its acceptable.

• I appreciate the feedback. I am pretty torn on this one too. I don't like the way all communication is done through texting, but I don't see that changing anytime soon, so I might as well get used to it. Like I said, I would prefer to ask her out in person, but that opportunity may take too long.

• Its good as long as your showing interest

• I wouldn't mind.

• It is acceptable but in my opinion in person shows more courage and self-confidence.

• I think it's fine to ask out someone over text in certain conditions

• I would start by texting a little first. get to know each other and feel more comfortable. then ease into it and say by the way it was so nice seeing you at the parties and stuff, would you want to go out to dinner sometime? etc.. oviously word it how it makes sense to you. but I don't think over text is weird especially this day an age. But, if things persist try to do important things in person (like asking to be your girlfriend, break ups etc)

What Guys Said 2

• I'd rather ask in person.

• No dammit! Do it in person!