Ladies, do you like or dislike men who are brutally honest?

I ask because that's what I am.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being brutally honest is an asset, but only in some situations. It's almost never an asset in relationships, because most women communicate to build relationships, not solve problems. When a woman you're dating asks "Do I look bad in this dress?" and you say yes, you aren't helping her out, even if you think it's the right thing to say. It will only make her self esteem drop and fondness of you diminish. You have to strike a balance between honesty and kindness. Try and figure out appropriate times to be brutally honest, like if a coworker asks your opinion on a project. Then in other situations, just say what would make somebody feel best, as honestly as you can. So with the dress situation, you might say "You look gorgeous as usual, but I think I saw another dress back there that would do your body justice more than this one."

• Yeah. I mean, I really don't like to be rude to people but I will only be brutally honest to those who deserve an offensive piece of my mind, like towards politics or certain beliefs that I think are stupid or just to weed out fickle, shallow and dishonest people but I probably wouldn't be brutally honest to my family or my spouse, unless they ask for it.

What Girls Said 11

• Most of the time, yes, because it's nice to know what someone really thinks of you and how you're presenting yourself to others. But sometimes when I could really use a few harmless compliments to boost my ego a little and the guy refuses to give that to me if he doesn't think its true, it can be frustrating.

• Dislike. They are usually arrogant pricks who think it's okay to not care about another person's feelings. I like honest guys but there are nice ways of being honest. Brutally honest is not nice.

• no... being honest is good... but depends what kind of honesty are you expressing.. suppose your girlfriend has bad hair day and she ask you how i look.. you can lie, and tell her pretty... on the other hand, you are in relationship for casual sex and girl is serious about commitment... being honest to her would save her life, time and heartache...
    so ya, being honest is good.

• I don't like anyone with no tact or consideration for others feelings

people who call themselves brutally honest are typically just... well... jerks

• I prefer someone who is brutally honest, but I don't like it if it get's in the way of them being a gentleman.

• Brutally honest is code name for asshole.
    You can be honest without trying to hurt someone.

• It depends on what he's being brutally honest about.

• Well for most part, while I tend to be brutally honest sometimes, I usually don't intend to offend anyone but at the same time, I'll still call out on someone's BS if I'm the only one who can smell it.

• If they have no filter and sound like an asshole (and I'm sure they know), then I don't like it.

• I love honest guys but, be careful. There's a difference between being honest and being rude.

• sorry no. you can say your opinions and be nice at the same time. you dont need to be brutal.

• Yes and no. Sometimes being honest is also hurtful. First think about what you want to say then act.

• I love them and i really appreciate their honesty so much.

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, it's true, a lot of ladies don't like it though they won't explicitly admit it. It's kind of like that for guys too. I think if you're brutally honest, you'll wash away the pretentious peeps, but the ones who stick around will in turn be honest with you too.

• Well, it's not that I even intent to offend anyone when I'm being brutally honest but I am brutally honest at times mostly because there's no used to lying.

• Yeah. As an American male, I'm always brutally honest about what I think of the US and how it represents itself. Not that I hate my country or anything but I often speak my mind about how over-inflated our ego and jingoism is and how incredibly stupid our politics and justice system is, even if it might piss off some overly "patriotic" americans (yes, the ones who think we're "the best country on the planet" or a perfect country). If they don't like my point of view, then too bad for them. At least I'm calling out all of the BS in our country (which is still a great country but with a lot of flaws that it still needs to improve).

• Yeah, that's pretty good.

• No they don't, brutally honesty get them upset, honesty with kindness is good though.