Do you think it's ok to date a younger guy?

I'm 16 and he's a year younger than me. Do you think a relationship like that could work?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, but I don't think you should be getting into a serious relationship. I'm not saying boyfriends are bad at that age at all. I just think you should take it slow and just enjoy spending time together.

What Guys Said 4

• No. The age difference means that your relationship is doomed to fail.

Seriously though, it's fine. Why wouldn't it be?

• One year, seriously? Your both at the same stage in life.

If he was like 12 that would be a problem.

• do you look for the age on his personal card or for the age in his brain? I've dated older girls, that doesn't make me less mature than them.

• Nothing wrong with that.

What Girls Said 4

• I think your main concern shouldn't be a relationship. -- at least not at your age -- let alone his.

• That's just a year apart so I don't see a big deal there. Its more so everything else about you two that matters if the relationship is going to work or not.

• yes it can work, a year difference isn't a big age gap at all. 4-5 years would be too large as that would be when the levels of maturity differ greatly.

• There is nothing wrong with that. Age in a relationship does not matter.