I feel like everything's been done already. How can I be more original?

When it comes to dating and general conversations I always get the impression that most women have already heard it all before from other guys.

It feels like every romantic gesture/pick up line/random factoid or conversation topic has already been done before. Where can I find inspiration to be more original?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to be original and romantic, then listen to them, and come up with a gift of something specific for them. Like getting an autograph from a celebrity they like, buy a first addition of their favorite book, hire artist to paint them into a scene with favorite fictional characters. If you have no money, then it gets harder to find creative gifts. You could still get them a bunch of their favorite color of M&M's, or make a custom gift basket of things that have their name on it, but doesn't cost a lot.

Otherwise gender roles are pretty much designed to be romantic. So fall back on a lot of them. Opening doors, protecting them, taking on harder jobs to make their life easier, that sort of thing. It isn't creative, but in our more feminist culture, fewer men are doing it.

I have noticed, most girls I have met really aren't romantic enough to really appreciate a lot of these gestures. It is more about the guy doing something that they can then brag about to other woman. Which is why they like flowers being delivered to their work instead of home. So doing something she can hold over her friends and coworkers without looking like she is trying to brag about it, goes a long way.

It is also easy to spoil them, and then it becomes your job to do those things. They don't appreciate it when you do it, but when you stop, they get mad, because it is your job, to do those things. So use this things sparingly. Don't treat her better than she treats you. If she wants more romance, then she needs to be willing to put in as much effort for your sake as you put in for her sake.

What Girls Said 2

• lol just by being you - you are original and the best romantic thing any guy can do is be a gentleman - I want a man who does not curse with every sentence, who walks me to my door, who holds the chair out for me or door I guess - just someone who is a gentleman I mean that is self explanatory - chivalry may have died out but secretly every woman loves it and romantic things can be ok here is one I would love if my man did this:
    fill the tub put roses and flowing candles and candles all around the room and both of us just get into the tub and share intimacy - trust me sex does not always lead to intimacy sometimes its just something to pass the time, real intimacy is the two of you washing each other, talking to each other or just holding each other and that is the most original thing that there is and if she does not appreciate it then she is not for you...

for a topic like I said be you...

• Try to find things that are unique to her. Ask lots of questions (casually) and then when you compliment her make sure it's things that are special about her specifically. It actually goes a long way. You'd be surprised how many guys just pull lines out, and its kinda obvious they aren't paying attention.

What Guys Said 3

• I found that philosophical texts made me find a way to be creative somewhat. I know that a lot of guys don't have that kind of stuff, but if you incorporate some of these ideas, you could have a more intellectually satisfying relationship.

• Just be yourself man, never make plans. Girls will see right through some act you've conjured up.

• Be yourself! Remember, the only thing u can do better than anyone else, is to be YOU. No one can be u better than u. That's why u r u. Therefore we r all original