What does it mean when a guy says 'you wouldn't want me as a boyfriend'?

I've been talking to this guy and hanging out with him, we have gone on a few dates and talk everyday, he has met my Dad. Which in my opinion was a big step because we agreed on not meeting parents. Anyway last night we were joking around and I said 'this is why I'm single' and he said 'you wouldn't want me as a boyfriend anyway I'm a jerk' and I asked my brother what he meant and he said 'he doesn't feel like he's good enough for you.
What do you guys think he means?

Just letting you guys know, I've slept with him before and we're open about how many people we have slept with. And we have spoken about our past relationships and everything

Most Helpful Guy

• I told this once when I tought a girl was perfect while I was not. later found out it was the other way around :)) this can have something to do with his negative thinking about himself or his past or girls he had hurt in some kind of way, wanting to tell you he was an asshole and assholes don't deserve something good as you

What Guys Said 8

• he's probably a bad drunk and can't control him self he's probably shit
    or
    he's trying to get attention

• I think your brother nailed it, I think he doesn't feel worthy of you and/or doesn't have self confidence.

• He wants to admit that he has already slept with lot of girls. So u may not like him. It is his though in mind. Before u get to know about this from somebody else he himself is disclosing it.

• Maybe he was making a move without trying to make it obvious because as your brother said he feels he's not good enough or maybe he's unsure as to how you feel?
    My theory is he said that hoping you would reply with "I actually do"

• Yeah either that or I've said it to a girl i was friends with because some people such as myself are not good boyfriends he may have no morales and may cheat or be distant all the time or something and wouldn't want to hurt you.

• Tearsoflaughter is spot on, the guy has low self-esteem and low confidence.

• He's not looking for a relationship

• He might be an asshole once you guys become official some guys switch up once you start dating them

What Girls Said 2

• Ok, I used to say this to guys who were starting to fall for me a bit to quick, not because I didn't like them, but because a) I'm not ready to commit that much, and b) I was a terrible girlfriend, great when I was with them, but I cheated all the time... like, all the time, and I hated being a 'girlfriend' because I didn't like having commitments... commitments like calling and speaking to him because we haven't for a few days, or letting him know he's important etc I think I had some independence issues, not self esteem, quite the opposite actually, too much esteem I suppose!

• He's probably crazy.
    What your brother said.
    Or he wants other girls.