Are military relationships undesireable?

I've met numerous girls that love military guys but would never date one what's up with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that he could potentially get killed? He could get deployed unexpectedly, he could get his deployment extended, things like that. Just the uncertainty and the fact that you love them and you may never see them again, or won't be able to touch them for months at a time, or maybe never touch them again.
    I know it's not right to think negatively but that's what you have to think about.
    I think if my soulmate went into the military i would deal with it because i love him a lot but it would probably destroy me.

What Girls Said 8

• As someone marrying a military man, my fears have always been if he gets deployed and dies or comes back and hates everything or breaks up with me while I wait for him only for him to have forgotten all about me. Some people can't handle that much uncertainty in a relationship and need constant contact with their loved ones. With my fiancĂ© I'd maybe talk to him once if at all if he got deployed and that's scary. I'd have no idea what was going on until he came home if he even did.

• Maybe they are afraid if they commit and the guy gets deployed, like has to go on a mission or to a war, there are chances he'll not return and they don't want to suffer. Otherwise, I don't see a reason. Unless they simply didn't liked the guy's personality/looks, even if they were in the army.

• I've dated military before and it just wasn't for me. Personality clashes, wanted different things, the list goes on. So for me, yes military is undesirable.

• Well getting involved can entail a lot of sacrifices that may not appeal to everyone. But if you keep looking you'll find that there are lots of girls who will be more than happy to be in a relationship with a brave and active soul and if it comes to it, would love an opportunity to live in different places:)

• I've been in a few military relationships. I don't have an issue with them. I mean, id get upset when they went away.. But I understood. I loved the guy and waiting was part of the deal.

• Some females don't wanna have to deal with the long distance thing or anything.

• I've always liked the idea of dating a military man.. for some reason I find them more committed and responsible..
    but on the other hand there are some complications and fears but if the girl simply loves him and they are understanding, everything should be fine :)

• Fear of distance and being separated all the time. Fear he will be an emotional mess.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd assume it's because the persona of a military man is alluring but the lifestyle is not. Women seek companionship in their relationships... that doesn't go well with long periods alone and the constant risk of loosing your loved one while oversees in a war.