Why do people try online dating?

I know online dating works. My uncle met his wife and they are going on 2 or three years being married. They also have a daughter as of this year, but why do people do it?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people just give up after bad experiences in person. They lose hope. Some people just do not have time to be out. I have met ladies in the park, beach, club, bar, while playing online video games, and just chatting. I actually enjoyed some relationships that was formed through the internet as they seemed to have quite a lot in common with me.

What Guys Said 7

• It's a number's game. Take your average bar on a Friday night. There might be 200 women there, 40% are taken, 10% aren't there to hook up, etc. Go to your average dating page for a city, there are thousands of girls, and all of them are single and looking for dates.

• some people are more comfortable with the boundaries of online dating instead of having to put themselves out there in the real world.

• I really don't but when I tried it it was kind of desperation I was just out of a one year relationship which ended badly thin I started feeling like down and not wanted from girls any more so I was afraid of rejection which led me to online dating so it will be a lot easier and of course it just made me feel hell lot worse so I stopped it

• It doesn't hurt to cast a line in multiple locations to see what u can catch!

in my opinion it only increases odds to find women... but I wouldn't rely solely on online dating.

As a secondary source I say "why not"?

• Lack of confidence and anxiety u can say

• I can't get women in real life, and I can't get them online either. I think that online dating is stupid. There's too many factors to consider:

-Are your pictures good?

-Is your profile good?

-Do you have a good opener to get the girl to respond to you?

Even if all those are on point, women get really picky online more so than in real life and don't even reply to you. Typically, if I send out 100 messages to women, I would be lucky to get 5 replies. Out of those 5 replies, only 2 will continue to message me back after I send them more messages, and eventually they will stop talking to you after you try to ask for the their phone number and the conversation has been going so well.

That's why I don't like online dating. I have tried it though... because the women I meet in real life play too many games and you have to continuously guess if they like your or not.. or they lose interest in you... etc, etc, etc...

It's tough in the dating world for a guy. Women can just get any guy they want if they look pretty enough. That's all.

• Social anxiety. Its hard to approach a woman now a days. everyone is so defensive n guys get tired of of trying to figure out the perfect words to say and in general its not easy appraoching someone u find attractive n dont know. Its easy for a girl to sit on her high horse n just say yes or no. but it takes courage and skill like a sales pitch to get women.

online brings people together who want to meet each other and half the work is done

What Girls Said 2

• Some people don't have the time to go out and meet people. Other people find it easier getting to know someone behind a computer/phone. AND, some people are shady and they wanna catfish people. Lol I guess it just depends on the person and their situation.

• People do it as a last resort or because they get nervous connecting to people in real life. Plus, everyone on those sites is looking for someone. You never know in real life if a person is taken, have their eye on someone, or just looking for a one night stand.

Granted some of those people are on the free online dating sites as well. Match. com, while the most successful, costs $50 a month... which is really expensive.