Checking boyfriends phone?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost four years. A little while ago we went through a time where he lied to me a LOT. Now, every once in a while I will go through his phone... I just want to trust him again and I need something to back up what he's telling me. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• You want to trust him again so you breach his privacy? Girl, if that's what it's come down to then it's time to move on.

What Guys Said 2

• yea thats bad... would you like him going through your phone and personal conversations...

He is lying to you because you can't handle the truth he tells you and/or you won't listen to what he is telling you.

• If you can't trust him you should probably end the relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• You're going to lose his trust by not letting him have any privacy and checking up on him all the time. I know it's hard to avoid the thoughts of second guessing everything he says because of all the previous lies, but you have to move forward. Has he gave you any reason to keep checking the phone after you looked at it the first time?

• Its a really hard one, Depends what his lies were about and if you can prove he was actually lying. My ex for some reason out of no where stopped trusting me and would go through my phone, I had nothing to hide. But he would start an argument over something minor i said to a girlfriend ( ie he's never home and never has any time for us) (Note: we were living together and I stay at home mum )
    From his reactions i believed he had something to hide. I only once picked up his phone to get a mobile number from it ( a friends) and he went nuts. I never once broke his privacy he was there when i got the number.
    I tried talking with him to find out why the sudden change but unfortunately some men just do not talk or show any emotions.

He NEEDS to give you reason to trust him, a relationship is built on trust. If he can't be open and honest its not worth the pain.