What's an excuse I can use to get out of a date?

I need a good excuse to get out of a date. I really like the guy but I'm not ready to go on the date but I don't want to shut him down since I can't to continue dating him in the future.

I'm sure I will also need more excuses down the road since I'm just starting the dating process and I'm sure I'll meet some guys who I really just don't like but don't want to hurt their feelings.

Anyone out there have go to excuses to get out of dates?

Most Helpful Girl

• just tell him you're not feeling well. or you have last minute urgent plans.

What Guys Said 9

• You're not ready to date. Don't waste his time.

Let him find a mature woman who is emotionally mature and ready to date.

• I'm ready to date, just not him. He's a friend of my ex and things between us ended badly. I want to make sure that drama won't follow me into dating this guy.

• lying to him is not a good way to start out a relationship. Honestly just say look Im not ready to go out with you. Can we do this another time? though you might put him out and make him think you dont like him.

• The truth, is always a good way to go. Otherwise your lies will end up hurting yourself.

• Tell him the truth or else he will keep trying or he will resent you.

• Tell em you have to babysit and you're running low on cash so you need to babysit to make some extra dough. he should understand.

• Just tell him the truth its better than sweet excuses.

• Problem the truth is I don't want to go out yet because I'm really awkward, and the fact that he is close friends with my ex, he doesn't know me and my ex dated though. :/ I just want to get to know him better without dating yet so there isn't a huge problem caused by my ex.

• yeah That's very awkward.. hmm you tell him this way.. that you need to take things slow If he really likes you he will understand that. :)

• Just try the truth. I am much more appreciative of it then a woman who drops hints. If she has an excuse I'll ask one more time in case she was genuine. If I get an excuse the second time I'll take the hint. But it would be nice if a women was straight forward and didn't waste my time. The truth hurts less than being lied to.

• wait? u LIKE the guy, but want to get out of the date?

WHY?

why r u not ready to go on the date with him?

• My ex and him are good friends. Neither of them know it. :/ I really want to get to know the guy before the drama sets in.

• Well he dumped me, said some really harsh and untrue things and I've since been ignoring him. I can't talk to him because every time I try he starts a fight and accuses me of trying to ruin his life. So I'm afraid if I go out with the friend before things settle down some more that he will freak out.

• ya try your best to be honest. things dont always have to be a date to start off. see if u can do something casual to start things off with the new guy u r interested. just a walk and talk n see what he thinks. sometimes dating someones friend after they disrespected u can be the ultimate discipline

• Don't lie. I can't stand people who lie. Just be honest and up front about it.

What Girls Said 4

• If you don't like them then you should tell them you are not intersted in dating. Guys don't work with subtle hints. Tell them like it is. If you do like him then give one excuse like you're feeling under the weather or you forgot you had other plans but if you get out of a date more than once he may lose interest and move on. Maybe just take a chance and try it out?

• Hunny, why are you being shy? There's nothing to worry about. Everyone is human and you're treating this guy as if he's God. Is either now or never lol.

:-)

• I've never actually dated before. I rushed into a relationship when I was young and only just broke up a few months ago. Part of the problem is that he's friends with my ex, and I really don't want that to cause problems.. :/

• Be honest with him. You seem to really like the guy so I would recommend you to start of clean before the first date. If he really likes you, he'd understand. I presume there not that close otherwise he would have known about you, so no biggie.

2nd you can only get experience with dating. This guy like I said is human like you and me. If you were to meet his parents in the near future, I'm sure they'll tell you story how this guy use to get bully, got lost a lot, and etc lol. Trust me. Be you girl!

• Not exactly close no, but close enough that as soon as we go out, my ex will find out. I do really like the guy but I don't want to scare him off with problems with my ex before we even go on a date.

• truth > any excuse

• Wow this sounds immature. Good luck with any relationship if you want to play games. Don't go out with him let him find someone sane.

• I don't want to play games. I was in a three and a half year relationship with a guy who is his friend. The guy doesn't know this and I'm not ready to cause those sort of problems in a potential relationship