What is the youngest someone should try online dating?

I am 20 currently working for a 6 month internship before going back to school. I am doing pretty well, in my spare time i usually build apps, robots, electronics. But recently I have gotten kinda bored with it, u know like when u eat a particular food too much. Im in fantastic shape and workout 5 days a week and do a 40/40/20 diet so fitness is already an outlet a use to kill my free time. I want to try out dating, but since everywhere I go its guys engineering/programming and the weight room i dont get oppurtunities to meet girls. So my question is: is 20 too young to try online dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think 20 is fine, but you might want to try dating sites for students, like datemyschool. That way you can find someone in your own age group who is also in school and knows what it's like.
    I think being 20 only limits you since you can't drink yet so you couldn't go out to a bar to meet up with someone. But there are other places you can meet up, and if you meet someone else who's 20 it won't be a problem.

I don't think it's a "last resort" - you are not desperate, you are just too busy to try to meet girls all the time. That's totally understandable.

What Girls Said 8

• I think you should go for it. Online dating isn't just for older people and it does not mean you are desperate. There are a lot of different dating sites out there for like-minded individuals and it doesn't matter what you are looking for. Some people find online dating easier others don't. Women in your age group are on dating sites as well so no, you are not too young.

• At least 25. Online dating is a last resort in my opinion

• To be honest it kinda sounds like you're being a little lazy in the romance department, like you want the girls to come to you. However this could be because of 1 of two reasons you are genuinely socially awkward and that makes it difficult to talk to girls no matter how fit or intelligent you are. Or the other reason is that you genuinely don't know how to start and maintain a relationship but whatever the case may be, online dating is great for introverts because it allows them to be a little more comfortable without the face to face conflict or all around awkwardness. Regardless of your age as long as you really are 18+ online dating can be really fun and exciting and I would definitely say to try it but just be leery of those who aren't entirely honest.

• I started at 18 and that' the only way I have ever dated, I'm 20. I never talked to guys in high school so I had no experience dating so, it's good if you're really shy like myself. I don't think it's too young.

• I think 20 is too young. you're a young guy you need to get out there and find yourself some bitches.

• 18 and over

• no, i used to start my online relationships at the age of 14.. young yeah.. but it felt good, as i was ready for it, you shouldn't worry about being 20 and thinking its too young, just remember be careful, you dont want to get catfished or anything, but spend your time out at pubs too

• One of my friends is getting married, and she met her fiancĂ© during her sophomore year of college via online dating. There are in fact specific sites targeted towards are age group and towards college students. Its a great way to meet lots of people. Contrary to what others think, I don't agree that it is a last resort option. Its just highly efficient, and can be fun.

• Me and my friends did okcupid for kicks because it was free and actually had other fun stuff to do. I recommend if you're 20

What Guys Said 1

• hell no its not too early. but a guy your age you have a great opportunity to meet girls at parties or clubs or bars.