A question for you ladies?

Is it true that within one minute of meeting some one you will know if you'd date him or not. I have been told that quite a few times.
How do you ladies make a decision so fast?
Is there a difference between you'd date him or just sleep with him?

Most Helpful Girl

• No not at all... If you were any kind of a person you would give them at least enough time to state their case, however as far as attraction goes unfortunately those are pretty fast reactions. I would always give an earnest gentleman a chance for a date, but not always a chance for a well... romp? I suppose in my experience the decision to sleep with him comes after a date or two with a good connection.

• Could a random stranger ever seem earnest? How could you tell?

• I am not quite sure what was asked, but you shouldn't fear rejection, most girls are just happy to be asked. I remember back when my fiancee first asked me out in high-school to our first date, he stammered through the whole thing and then when I accepted he looked just about ready to pass out! Looking back on it he claims he was ready to puke but I was so taken with his honesty that I found him charming and didn't even notice.

• Well for me it is not so much the fear of rejection, but that I think way too much before I speak and end up mixing my words up.

What Girls Said 12

• I think it's more like whether you find them attractive or not on the spot, which both genders judge that right away. However, if a guy is present enough and persistent enough, a girl may fall for him and look past her initial non-attraction. On the contrary to what many romantic comedies show, men need to be attracted from the start, it's really rare for him to develop feelings for a girl over time if he didn't initially find her attractive. and many girls will wait around for a guy expecting this to happen but it's not how guys are wired

• You're pretty spot on for the guys half. Who is the man that told you our secret!

• Yes and no. Some guys are hard to read. If you come of confident (but not arrogant- there is a distinct difference) with a fantastic sense of humour, and i get the impression that you're a good guy, then yes, ill know very quickly within the span of a few minutes if id like you to take me out. Fortunately, most guys are pretty good at this, not because they have outstanding charisma, but because they are honest and open when they approach a woman, which in my experience is what wins most. Women like the encounter of a guy who comes off as if he is not intentionally or in the near future going to screw them over.
    I believe there is a difference, however lust and interest may meld quite seemlessly sometimes. Im not the type to sleep with a guy on first encounter- most women arent, and that first meeting lust can wear away very quickly if a guy makes the wrong step, so its more or less up in the air

• Thanks for your thorough explanation.

• Not true at all! I've known guys for years then one day randomly started liking them

• Did those guys turn rich, ambitious, or ripped?

• Haha no I just got to know them better I guess

• That is true for me. If you come off like a duck it doesn't matter what u do I won't date u. But if u are nice like the first second I meet you in my head is being thinking about dating u

• I've heard this too and I really try not to do that. Lol but first impressions are important. With that being said, it's always possible to change someone's mind about you..

• yes and no! sometimes its attraction at first sight! and for me its after I've met them a couple of times and I've had some sort of a connection with them that makes me know if i would like to date them or not. BUT, i have started to like guys later on too even after years of knowing them.
    hope that makes sense.

• yes i do believe i would and of course there is difference between dating somebodya nd just sleeping with them lol

• What is the difference my admirer? ;)

• Dang girl! You know what you want! I like that in a girl!

• hahaha nice to know

• You can tell if you want to sleep with someone in that amount of time because sex doesn't have as much to do with his personality as dating him does. It takes a little longer to decide if you wanted to date him.

• Is it often that you find yourself thinking you would?

• yes this is true for me

• Both both dates and sexual desire?

• Probably not date, she is probably thinking about sleeping with you or not in the first minute.

• So sex comes in mind before boyfriend material?

• Depends on the location. e. g. A club, the streets or hanging with a group of your friends friends.

• i think there is an initial first impression of a guy like if immediately you think he is hot, ugly, or average or if immediately he comes off as charming or arrogant. as you get to know him your opinion can shift but its not going to change drastically.

i know that i personally can not judge a guy so fast haha

• Good for you its not nice to judge too quickly! I am guilty myself of doing so at times though =(

• i think it is natural to jump to conclusions/size up people but we have to be aware that we are doing it and should be open to adjusting our opinion of someone

• You're right I agree.

• First impressions, very important to a girl.

• So is it true?

• So list the 3 in order of importance please.

• As how you read it...

What Guys Said 0