Is it me or is the 2-3 day rule... kind of dumb?

I get the idea behind the rule, its so the person doesn't seem desperate. But what makes wanting to call someone you want to see again desperate? If they gave you their phone number doesn't it stand to reason they want to see you again too. Why wait? So what i'm asking is who out there thinks this unofficial rule should be followed and who thinks it shouldn't? And Why?

• The 2-3 day rule should be followed
  • The 2-3 day rule shouldn't be followed

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate that rule, really. What do guys think we are doing those two days?

"If he texts me right away, he's so not worth it. I totally want a guy who is going to make me wait. "

It makes us feel unwanted. Or like a booty call. Or that you're not serious about us.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally I think that if you want to talk to someone that you should just talk to them. Worrying about coming on too strong or playing silly games like this doesn't show what kind of person you are. Then they fall for your facade and not the real you, then you have to keep up the act. It sounds exhausting.

• I would prefer to know as soon as possible after a date so I don't like the 2-3 day rule, especially if the date went well.

• Playing cool is dumb.

• I don't believe in the rules. If you like someone you should follow up closely

What Guys Said 3

• 1. A girl giving a guy her phone number means absolutely nothing

2. You need to follow the rule to not look desperate. If she is a hot girl, she has her pick on the best guys. An easy guy is not attractive. They need a challenge.

3. When you text her, don't immediately try to set up a date. Just have a friendly texting convo

4. Match her texts with yours. Don't make your texts too lengthy. She will think you are obsessed with her and they are used to that.

5. Always end the convo on a high point. If it seems you two are having a great time texting, end it.

6. Why am i numbering these?

7. Good Luck mate

• Its a really stupid rule. If you dig the person call them back, don't wait. If the feelings are mutual they will be happy to receive that call asap.

• Don't listen to all these "rules" you'll drive yourself mad. Jus do what feels right and then see what happens. Everyone it's different, some line calling or being called everyday, others don't.