How important is a career in considering a mate?

How important do you think a potential mate's career is? This encompasses both money, importance of their career, and how much passion they have about their career.

In case some don't know, prerequisite means the person has to have it or he or she won't even be considered.

All comments welcome. Don't forget to vote.

• It's a prerequisite
  • It's an important factor
  • It's a factor, but not terribly important
  • It's not important to me.
A pity only the women seem to be sounding off on this one.
I generally don't sound off on my polls so as not to influence people who read them in any way. My own answer to this poll is it is a prerequisite for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Having a career is very important to me. As someone who's invested years into their education and plans to do for many more, I need a man that can understand hard work and dedication. That was a problem with my ex boyfriend and I. I have always been on track, always have a plan, etc. while he had no direction and strive. The fact that he was so comfortable with it is what really got to me. I'm aiming to be a professor, I need someone that has direction and puts education first, even if eduction isn't their main goal, they at least need to have some kind of plan. I don't care too much about money wise since I can make my own money, but when a man is focused on something he is passionate about and loves, he's so much more attractive.

• Gotcha. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

What Girls Said 3

• I just want them to be doing something that they enjoy and that they don't spend above their means. I'm going to my fiancĂ©'s sugar mama though once I'm done with graduate school :)

• I'll bet he's a lucky guy. Thanks for sharing, and don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• I want someone who is as competitive as I am. I also want them to be passionate in whatever they're doing. The career, while the field isn't such a bid deal, to me shows how far they want to go in life.

• what's important is having time for me and even if that time is limited we enjoy it to the fullest.

What Guys Said 1

• obviously it's going to be a deal breaker for the majority of women

• A career is a deal breaker for me, and I'm a guy.

• No, I wouldn't. I don't think that's very new. I can't think of any of my male friends who would date a woman without career either.

• Well I guess its because for me I'm not looking to get married or settle down yet