Do you feel the word "shallow" gets thrown around to loosely?

It seems to me that this word has been going momentum. Many unattractive people love to toss it around. Many obese person love to toss it around. Many shy folks love to toss it around. It seems that if someone doesn't find you attractive that automatically makes you shallow. I disagree. We all have a preference as far as looks go. Even the ones throwing out the term shallow. So why does it happen? Why does every other question use the term shallow? Has the world become so insecure that it resorts to name calling when one does not find them attractive? What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its mostly just bitterness. usually because of unrequited love. so instead of people looking at themselves and think "well I'm obviously perfect therefore should be loved by anyone and everyone." people simply refuse to admit their faults and handle. them. my phone is glitching the fuck out so I'm sorry if none of this makes sense. i can't even read what I'm typing :(. Aside from that, ia lot of people are shallowand deserve to be called so. but still., i don't think abyone is obligated to date anyone. else so people just need to calm down. im not a very sexually demanding person, but I'm still not going to date anyone I'm not physically or sexually attracted to. hope this helped, i don't know if its all there or not lol

What Girls Said 4

• Yep, because people are using the word "shallow" to describe men/women with basic standards.

Its as if wanting your potential partner to have a job/be responsible financially and take care of themselves/practice basic hygiene is the worst expectations to have of a person.

God forbid that you want a person who watches what they eat and exercises.

• I agree, but because I agree, I think we are all shallow to some level. For example, I feel shallow agreeing. But hey, we're human.

• Yes. That word has lost its true meaning.

• no because most people are.

What Guys Said 0