Do guys tend to go for sweet girls?

A guy friend I like and I think May like me and I were talking yesterday. I was trying to make a backhanded joke and it landed flat. I apologized on Facebook today for being mean and he said, "Sheesh, you couldn't be mean if you tried"
Is it in my favor that he thinks I'm nice/sweet? He's an incredibly sweet guy too!

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's anything like me then yes it's very much in your favor. I can't now nor have I ever cared for obnoxious rude girls. I can't stand even being around them.

What Guys Said 5

• men like a women to be more straight forward tell him you think he's cute, that you wanna give him a lapdance, or whisper in his ear tell him you wanna fuck in the bathroom but be fun and energtic
    girls are the opposite they want to be lead secretly into it

• exclusively. So much better than bitches

• Yes, i absolutely love sweet girls, they are my kind of girl! :D

• I like sweet girls it makes them look reliable sometimes you need someone to talk with and sweet girls help.

• i love sweet girls. my friend angel tells me i'm amazing all the time and i love it

What Girls Said 1

• I do that sometimes where I'll try to say something funny and it comes out mean. It's not intentional at all and then I feel like I have to backpedal to say it differently. I'm known to be sweet also. I know how you feel. Maybe just re-explain to him you didn't mean it the way it sounded.